Time vs Evesham

ion 17:36 12 Sep 03

Considering new desktop.The machine from Time ,having a higher spec than the nearest Evesham modeel is over £300 less .Is the saving worthwhile or am I asking for an ongoing saga of disappointment if I go for the Time machine ?

soy 17:42 12 Sep 03

Evesham provides the original XP installation disk while Time doesn't. You have to pay extra for a recovery disk!

Do both packages have monitors included? Coz alot of Times systems don't come with monitor.

soy 17:44 12 Sep 03

Good thing about Time computers is that you get much higher spec PC for alot less money. Evesham are quite expensive!

bch8132311 18:48 12 Sep 03

But Evesham More reliable for backup original discs any problems sorted out in double quick time had a lot of problems with the cheap tackiness of Time from the PC to the so called Techies stick with Evesham you know it makes sense..........!!!!!!

Brian

ion 19:00 12 Sep 03

Both have 17"tft monitors and back up disk ex time is reutedly £99 still giving a significant saving.Suppose it depends on the luck of the draw as to whether you get a "friday" machine

anchor 19:20 12 Sep 03

Think of the extra price of the Evesham as insurance. If you need help and/or service Evesham will win hands down.

I have an Evesham myself, and can only praise their service. Unfortunately, from what I have read, the same cannot be said for Time.

At the end of the day, its for you to choose.

hoverman 19:22 12 Sep 03

No contest - go for Evesham. I have purchased two PC's from them in the past. Their Support is the best there is in my experience.

Rayuk 19:41 12 Sep 03

You could buy another copy of Windows for less than £300 oem copy for about£70.

My first pc was a Time machine had no problems with it that wernt of my own making.
Never had to contact them.

Couple of workmates both have Time machines no problems.

You always have the "Helproom" for guidance

JJCUK 20:13 12 Sep 03

My fist PC was a Time as well olivetti 286 :)

still working by the way never a problem

obviously they just distributed other machines then I suppose

SEEMOON 08:19 16 Sep 03

are the compponents branded? It makes a lot of difference to the longevity of a system if the internals are a tried and tested brand!

Also check out the warranty-is it OSM or do you have to return it in case the system goes AWOL?

Is support of value to you? Some people don't need it but if you do, imho you really do!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…