Time Representative

nodrog2 20:46 07 Oct 03

Has anyone from Time made their presence known on this forum yet following the departure of Chris?

Mango Grummit 21:07 07 Oct 03

Give him chance to find his office and settle in a bit. It's a difficult thing, taking over a job like this one must be.

nodrog2 21:25 07 Oct 03

How long do you think I should give him/her?

Djohn 21:32 07 Oct 03

I wouldn't be surprised if you got a reply by tomorrow, Thursday at the latest. j.

Mango Grummit 22:30 07 Oct 03

You got some inside information j?

Relative of yours perhaps?

:o)

Forum Editor 22:35 07 Oct 03

Do you have a problem?

nodrog2 08:24 08 Oct 03

Forum Editor - yes, unfortunately I do have a problem and attempts to gain a response from Time through the normal channels have failed.

My difficulty is that I recently sent my Tower Unit back to Time for repair under warranty and it was eventually returned with a new motherboard installed.

The problem is that the old motherboard contained 256MB of RAM whereas the replacement only has 128MB.

The matter is slightly complicated by the fact that the processor on the new motherboard is now 1700 megahertz whereas the old processor was only 900 megahertz.

While I am extremely happy that my processor speed has been upgraded at no charge, I cannot subscribe to the view that I had to lose part of my system specification (in this case 128MB of RAM) as some sort of "trade off" for the upgrade.

I sent my processor to Time with 256MB of RAM, surely I am entitled to expect it to be returned in that same state?

Jester2K II 09:52 08 Oct 03
  mikef. 18:01 08 Oct 03

Chris left an alrenative contact here click here

mikef. 18:02 08 Oct 03

Alternative........ DOH really must proof read before posting.

nodrog2 21:36 08 Oct 03

I have just sent an e-mail to the address that Chris provided. It will be interesting to see if his successor at Time can match the high standards of service which Chris provided to members of this forum.

I'll provide an update on the problem if/when I receive a response from Time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…