Time PC - Graphics Adaptor??

DW9047 11:40 20 Jul 03

After my friends hard drive died, I have installed a new one for him, reloaded his WIn 98se and updated all drivers for sound, modem etc. Except for one, which I cannot find, the display adaptor. I have his time drivers disk where all the others drivers were successfully loaded from but it will not find any driver for the dsplay adaptor except the basic standard PCI graphics adaptor from Win 98se.

System spec is...500 mgz AMD K6-2, First International Computer Inc. PAG2130 Mainboard(onboard sound and Video),128 MB Ram, Win 98se.

Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

powerless 11:46 20 Jul 03

The graphics card now is?

DW9047 12:00 20 Jul 03

No Graphics card, "Onboard"

First International Computer Inc. PAG2130 Mainboard(onboard sound and Video)

If you need any other info, Where can I find it out?

bremner 12:05 20 Jul 03

click here for some help

DW9047 12:31 20 Jul 03

Thanks Bremner,

I had already looked at this site last night, looked again Just, but cannot find anything ref Driver for ths motherboard for Graphics Display. Maybe it is there but It is not obvious to me.

I would have thought that the driver would be on the driver disk supplied by Time!! as was all the others for sound etc.( the chipset is a VIA 8501) if this helps.

DW9047 12:54 20 Jul 03

Gone to Lunch, Will chaeck back later this aftternoon.

Did not want anyone to think I was ignorant and not answering your help.

bremner 13:46 20 Jul 03

On the above link clicking on support will navigate to here click here

rev.bem 21:10 20 Jul 03

DW9047 go to the Time support site

click here

The label on the back of your PC will give you the model.

Click on the series that covers your model then on the following page select your model,the following page will list the contents of your PC and clicking on the relevant component should take you to the driver download page.

My guess is Trident 8400 AGP Win 9x.

Happy hunting.

DW9047 00:07 21 Jul 03

Thanks a million.
You were spot on, Driver now downloaded and PC is now fully working fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…