time notebook with 64 athlon advice please

cammyuk 14:36 17 Jan 04

Ok folks i know all there is to know about time/tiny pc's The bad reputation I mean, As i have had a tiny pc for 3 years and i am over the moon with it , and never had a problem with it .
But with my kids slowly taking over my pc ,
I have been looking at desktop replacements ie(time platina) notebook with this new 64 athlon processor,
So what i need from you guys is advice, This machine cost £1400 so it ain't cheap but the spec is everything im looking for ,
except im not to sure about its dvd-dvd-r/cdrwdvd combo drive are they a good idea , plus this 64 athlon ,
plus any other recomedations for similiar notebooks would be welcome .

Time Athlon 64 DVD-Rw 15.1"

Processor : Athlon 64 3000+ mobile processor
Screen : 15.1" SXGA (1400x1050) TFT screen
Memory : 512MB DDR RAM Memory
Hard Disk : 60GB Hard Disk
DVD : DVD-Rw/CD-Rw Multi Writer drive

Diemmess 17:59 17 Jan 04

"If you cant say anything nice, don't say anything at all"

Try looking at several other site including click here

rickf 18:08 17 Jan 04

Make sure they give you a recovery disc or an os disc. They tend to charge you anything from £60 on wards for this should you need to reinstall. LOts of catches so read the samll print v. carefully before parting with hard earned cash. Customer support is something like £1 per min./

rickf 18:12 17 Jan 04

BTW, you are also tied to having to use Supanet as your isp on the modem supplied. Check this out.

cammyuk 20:32 17 Jan 04

thanks rickf and diemmess for your replies , what im looking for in a laptop is the dvd writer ,I saw one today a toshiba satelite , so im gonna do some looking into this machine as well , Plus i was also told today that i would have to upgrade to windows 64 os when its released by microsoft if i buy the time note book with the 64 3000+ processor, but im not sure if its really wise to go for the 64 as its so new

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…