time notebook with 64 athlon advice please

cammyuk 14:36 17 Jan 04

Ok folks i know all there is to know about time/tiny pc's The bad reputation I mean, As i have had a tiny pc for 3 years and i am over the moon with it , and never had a problem with it .
But with my kids slowly taking over my pc ,
I have been looking at desktop replacements ie(time platina) notebook with this new 64 athlon processor,
So what i need from you guys is advice, This machine cost £1400 so it ain't cheap but the spec is everything im looking for ,
except im not to sure about its dvd-dvd-r/cdrwdvd combo drive are they a good idea , plus this 64 athlon ,
plus any other recomedations for similiar notebooks would be welcome .

Time Athlon 64 DVD-Rw 15.1"

Processor : Athlon 64 3000+ mobile processor
Screen : 15.1" SXGA (1400x1050) TFT screen
Memory : 512MB DDR RAM Memory
Hard Disk : 60GB Hard Disk
DVD : DVD-Rw/CD-Rw Multi Writer drive

Diemmess 17:59 17 Jan 04

"If you cant say anything nice, don't say anything at all"

Try looking at several other site including click here

rickf 18:08 17 Jan 04

Make sure they give you a recovery disc or an os disc. They tend to charge you anything from £60 on wards for this should you need to reinstall. LOts of catches so read the samll print v. carefully before parting with hard earned cash. Customer support is something like £1 per min./

rickf 18:12 17 Jan 04

BTW, you are also tied to having to use Supanet as your isp on the modem supplied. Check this out.

cammyuk 20:32 17 Jan 04

thanks rickf and diemmess for your replies , what im looking for in a laptop is the dvd writer ,I saw one today a toshiba satelite , so im gonna do some looking into this machine as well , Plus i was also told today that i would have to upgrade to windows 64 os when its released by microsoft if i buy the time note book with the 64 3000+ processor, but im not sure if its really wise to go for the 64 as its so new

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017