time for a decent keyboard on a laptop

DannyOH 12:29 09 Nov 07

Given the need for lightness, and so, thinness, in a laptop, we are unlikely ever to see a true "ergonomic" keyboard on one. Still, that is no reason for being deliberately backward.

We learned more than ten years ago that straight keyboards cause wrist strain--and as for baby-finger-sized keys, well....

Now that laptops have reached the whopping great 19" screensize, isn't it about time manufacturers considered designing-in man-sized--also, split and ergonimically angled--keyboards?

ATB,
Phrixos

DannyOH 12:30 09 Nov 07

oops!

Stuartli 17:49 09 Nov 07

>>We learned more than ten years ago that straight keyboards cause wrist strain...>>

For touch typists, yes; for two fingers typists, no.

Forum Editor 19:16 09 Nov 07

an IBM ThinkPad - more correctly a Lenovo ThinkPad, but you know what I mean. I had one a few years back, and fell for the keyboard, so I was delighted to see that the new one has the same superb keyboard, undoubtedly the best on any laptop I've ever used, and I've used a few in my time.

I am Spartacus 20:43 09 Nov 07

If you can use an external keyboard instead then either the Enermax Aurora click here or the Logitech click here are fantastic.

I have both and generally use the Enermax for work as it has a numeric keypad but prefer the Logitech for non-work use as the key action is slightly better.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now