//some 3rd party need geo

Time Computers (Yet Again) still waiting!

Newuser239 19:52 05 Jun 03

On 14th May I ordered a new computer from Time by phone. I was told that it would be delivered within 7 - 10 working days and my credit card would be debited within 48 hours. I made a note of the name of the person that had taken the order.
After 2 weeks, when neither had happened I phoned to be told that they can't find my order, also the person who took the order and geve me a name now claims that he wasn't at work on that day!!.
Someone else took the order details again and said that it would be 'rushed through' bearing in mind previous problems. On Tuesday of this week (3rd) I phoned again as my credit card has still not been debited. Strangely enough their computer crashed just as they were trying to find my order(?). In addition no supervisor was available to speak to me so I left a message that they have until tomorrow morning to contact me and tell what is happening or I am going to trading standards.

Any additional help would be appreciated.

Ian H

beeuuem 20:11 05 Jun 03

Why bother?

You pays your money and takes your choice. It may be a great spec. but not if you can't even get them to take your money. And if they can't get your order right, what is going to happen when you have a real problem?
This isn't about Time, any company who can't get the order right after three attempts doesn't inspire confidence.
Why not just take your money elsewhere?

davefran 20:59 05 Jun 03

Don't bother with a company if they can't be bothered with you.
Head over to Mesh, Evesham or Multivision.
Three top quality firms.
Or even better still pop down to you're local computer fair, pick your own components, and build it yourself.
Works for ME.

miffie 21:54 05 Jun 03

My son-in law had exactly the same problem when he ordered a PC from multivision he phoned them twice to be told on both occasions that his order was still sitting in the in tray but would receive priority. He canceled and went to a local Eastbourne Computer shop paid £10 more for the same spec, and it was delivered at 8pm the following day . I have done the same although mine was ordered 4pm on a friday and delivered at 8pm the following thursday when the proprietor spent approx an hour and a half setting it up to my peripherals and going through everything with me . Its now a week old And so far its wonderful
If you live in Eastbourne let Fusion Systems quote you.
if you live elsewhere support your local shop

british bulldog 18:56 09 Jun 03

my time computer,which i bought 6 months ago ceased to work last month,atfer expensive phone calls to time they picked it up,got it back 5 days later,still broken,sent it back again,came back with new ram, hdd,procceser,this time it worked!!!!but it looked as if it had been dropped from a great height.after numerous phone call,bogus courier service i sent it back,tellin them next time i will want my money back!got it back,guess what?wont work again and it looks like its been smashed again.so far spent a small fortune on phone calls,still got no pc,trading standards here i come!!!!!!!!!!!

Jomi 19:30 09 Jun 03

People who have problems with Time pcs.
It would be very very big!

Time Group - Chris 10:44 10 Jun 03

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been able to get on PCA for a week!!

If anyone has any problems please drop me an e-mail [email protected] and I'll do my best to sort it out for you.

Jomi - I'm afraid that the club with unhappy Time customers would only be a fraction of the amount of happy Time customers. As I've mentioned before, we sell approx 20,000 PCs a month yet only a small number of issues are ever raised on this forum.

Anyway, please get in touch if I can help.

Cheers - Chris

Jomi 13:05 10 Jun 03

I don't agree, the fact that many more Time computer customers don't use this forum is much more likely to be due to their not knowing about it. The threads are generally the same, not the equipment .. poor after sales.
I already sent you an e-mail outlining my problems
and I'm still not satisfied with the outcome, and I don't believe I'm being excessively demanding, I simply want what I was told I was buying.

I don't want to get into it all again here, as this is Newuser239's thread, but I'll be happy to start another if you like.

That said, I do appreciate that you personally have obviously made an effort to help me and I thank you for that.

Time Group - Chris 14:04 10 Jun 03

Please feel free to begin a new thread rather than us both hi-jacking this, however your issues were dealt with in this thread click here and by our support team earlier.

I realise that the service you received could have been better but one experience does not mean that everyone else feels the same way.

We have many happy customers, we would go out of business otherwise, and just because they do not voice their satisfaction it doesn't mean that we are a bad comapany. We are the leading PC manufacturer in the UK and we always aim to offer the best products, prices and service available.

In fairness, I'm sure that you've had many hours of enjoyment from your Time PC since we last spoke and I'd hope that you have many more to come.

Cheers - Chris

Newuser239 19:09 10 Jun 03

As Time did not contact me by Friday as requested, I contacted my local Trading Standards office and they confirmed that Time were in breach of contract and that I could cancel.

I wrote to Time on Friday cancelling the order and they would get the letter on Saturday (1st class) but probably not deal with it until Monday.

Surprise, surprise then this morning (Tuesday) when the called me to give me the order number saying that the credit card company wouldn't accept the debit. Now I may be stupid but why are they trying to give me an order number for something in those circumstances? Not that I believe that as the Credit card company told me last week that they don't know, at the point of sale, who is requesting payment!!

From the other responses it looks like I am better off out it.

Cheers

Newuser 239

Jomi 19:13 10 Jun 03

Thanks for the link.

My pc is working beautifully now, thanks to hours of scouring the net for drivers. Even that couldn't be acheived until I downloaded the Balearc advisor to tell me exactly what my system consisted of.
I've learned a bitter lesson about backup and also about trust.

It's not a one off experience for me either, but this is a particurlarly annoying one, since it includes misrepresentation in the first place followed by poor service.

Apologies newuser239, I've moved back to my own thread now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…