TIME COMPUTERS SERVICEING!!!!!!

ladyiffy 13:36 27 Oct 03

IN DEC OF LAST YEAR I PURCHASED A TIME COMPUTER TAKING OUT THE GOLD COVER FOR SERVICEING AND JUST TO LET YOU KNOW OF MY EXPERIENCE THE FIRST THING TO GO WAS THE HARD DRIVE IT TOOK 6 WEEKS TO GET THE TOWER REPLACED AFTER MANY PHONE CALLS AND HAVING TO TRY ALL SORTS OF DIFFERENT THINGS ALL THOUGH I'M NO ENGINEER THEN MY MOTHERBOARD WENT AGAIN LOTS OF PHONE CALLS LATER THE TOWER WAS RETURNED WITH NEW BOARD WHICH IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY WHEN IT WAS RETURNED MY KEYBOARD DIDN'T WORK AND NO RED TO SCREEN SO WAITING FOR NEW KEYBOARD IN THE MEANTIME THE MONITER IS FINE I BELIEVE ITS THE INTERGRATED GRAPHICS CARD THATS CAUSING THE LACK OF COLOUR BUT WILL THEY DO ANYTHING NO!!!! NOT TILL I RECEIVE NEW KEYBOARD AND THEN TO GO THROUGH TRYING TO FIX IT OVER THE PHONE, EXCEPT IT TAKES 8/9 DAYS TO GET NEW KEYBOARD BY THE TIME I HAVE RECEIVED THAT PHONED AGAIN IT WILL HAVE BEEN APPROX 2/3 WEEKS WITH NO RED TO MY SCREEN AND THE TOWER WILL HAVE TO BE RETURNED TO BE REPAIRED AND CAN YOU GET A SUPERVISOR OR MANAGER TO ANSWER WHY THE SERVICE IS POOR NOT A BLOODY CHANCE!!!!!! ANYONE ONE LOOKING TO BUY A COMPUTER THIS CHRISTMAS DO NOT GO TO TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MichelleC 14:29 27 Oct 03

Sorry to hear of your experiences. I had no probs with them a few years ago. Mostly they're ok, with just the odd hiccup. We used to have a Time man here on forums but he went and I don't know if he's been replaced.

Sometimes probs can be sorted out on Help forums here, so may be worth posting.

BTW it's best to not use all caps as it gives people a headache.

ladyiffy. I know it is not correct net etiquette to mention it, but I had to give up reading your post after two lines because of lack of punctuation.Obviously you are very irate. :(

ladyiffy 08:29 28 Oct 03

Thankyou for your responses, which consisted of being told that not to use capitals and also to punctuate my posting, what a warm welcome thankyou for your friendly advice.

Brian-336451 09:02 28 Oct 03

Personally, I think your point is well made, so why not remove the anger and copy it to Time's Managing Director with copies to Trading Standards and Watchdog.

That might get things moving because there is no doubt that (considering this is one-sided so far) this is appalling service, considering the cost of the cover.

Have you informed the company (where they supplied this) in writing?

Keep a log of calls and copies of correspondence, both Trading Standards and Watchdog would need these.

MichelleC 09:06 28 Oct 03

It may be an idea to reframe the way in which your complaints are presented too. I've found civility is one of the best commodities in receiving a positive reaction from those whose assistance is sought.

ladyiffy 09:35 28 Oct 03

Have tried to get past the desk staff and its impossible, l can't get any other phone numbers for anyone senior, the home office address just send out a standard letter, when you try to complain the standard of stone walling is excellent pity the service is not of the same standard, at present my computer still has no keyboard after 7 working days 9 including w/e the screen still has no red to it, and l know its not the moniter as I tried it on my sons computer, but time will not deal with my screen colour problem until l have the keyboard, yet one of they "advisors" has admitted that it is likely to be the graphics card and the tower will have to be returned, but will not let me return tower to be fixed until l have the keyboard which means a further delay, in all since the motherboard went caused by a electrical fault it has been 5 weeks up to date and still not in working order, and trying to get the names of directors or senior personnel is impossible, and as for my manners l have been polite patient and very understanding of the desk advisors limited responsibilities but now the sheer frustration of getting shoddy service is extremely annoying especially when my son who purchased his advent computer from dixons with extended cover he had a small problem and a engineer was here at our home within 24hrs and his cover is cheaper!!!!! my advice to anyone is not to purchase from time this christmas the cover is shoddy and technical support will cost you. thankyou xxxxxxxx

Wizzle 13:28 28 Oct 03

Why do people continue to buy Time, Tiny pcs when it is well documented what pieces of £$%@ they sell off to unsuspecting consumers. They are cheaper because they use unbranded poor quality components. I was tempted to buy a time laptop about a month ago and all I had to do was search for "time computers" on google groups to be reminded what a bad idea that was, saved for another month and got a Dell instead! Anyway, this won't help your situation but hopefully put people off Time computers as these companies are still here ripping people off because people are still buying from them.
Just my 2 cents...

GroupFC 13:32 28 Oct 03

The registered office of Time is:-

TIME GROUP LIMITED
TIME TECHNOLOGY PARK
BLACKBURN ROAD, SIMONSTONE
BURNLEY
LANCASHIRE BB12 7GT

I suggest you do as Not THAT Brian May says and make a formal complaint to the MD, in the hope of getting some action.

Whilst I appreciate that you are obviously upset, I would sugest that you calm down a little, and start preparing your case.

You need to make a list of all the problems you have had in chronological order, all contacts with Time (both written aand verbal)and then consult your local trading standards for further advice.

IanNiblock 13:47 28 Oct 03

This was copied from the trading standards website, I don't know if it will help your claim:

The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982

'If the computer is faulty and the retailer arranges repairs, this law says that those repairs should be carried out with reasonable care and skill and within a reasonable time.'

I had problems with Time (originally with Tiny), and ended up contacting both my local trading standards department and BBC Watchdog. I am unsure whether either of these organisations helped my case, but the Watchdog team did contact me, and within 48 hours my problem was solved!!

May I suggest you send a letter, recorded delivery, to Time stating your problem and giving them a fixed period of time to resolve this problem (say 14 days?). At the same time you can call your local trading standards office - they are usually extremely helpful.

PS. Time - if you are still monitoring these forums, what has happened - Chris (and Colin before him) did wonders for your reputation but providing that excellent service and then taking it away again is possibly more damaging than never providing it in the first place!!

MungoJerry 19:17 28 Oct 03

I agree with IanNiblock however I would give them 28 working days to respond as this is what is set down by the standards that they are meant to adhere to. "good buisness practice" (i know to many this tied to this company does seem like a pun)
Have you tried your sons keyboard with your computer when you phoned them up? what did they say cuase if they cant help you till you have a keyboard why not just borrow your sons for the duration of the call?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…