time computers

scushy 21:16 09 Oct 03

last year i decided to buy a new computer,anyway i was looking thruogh pc adviser and saw the "time computers" ad,i phoned my nearesrt dealer(stockport)told the the salesman exactly what i needed the computer for(i compose music,ie jingles for local radio stations,i'm also a member of 2 bands)and he recommended this,anyway i installed cubase but it would'nt work so i phoned times tech support and was told it was an office computer and not built for composing music.I asked to exchange it but they refused so now i'm stuck with it,can anybody advise me on what to do?

soy 22:43 09 Oct 03

Tell us the specification of your computer and we will be able to tell you if its up to scratch or not.

For composing and editing music, I would say the key components you would need is good Soundcard + Speakers, Processor and memory. Graphics card isn't really important for you.

when you say it wouldn't work, what aspect wouldn't work?

soy 18:50 10 Oct 03

Got and email from scushy today and just wanted to post it here for others to help:

'cubase still won't work also sound distorts when i scroll,and my internet conection drops when i open more than 1 browser or if i try to multi task,also,i've had to reinstall xp 11 times in the 14 months i've had the computer'.

scushy 19:49 10 Oct 03

Can anybody tell me if there's any legal action i can take that will put some sort of pressure on time computers,i've written to the the merchadising complaints commission but have recieved no reply

canard 19:12 11 Oct 03

My old Time PC ran Data Becker and Sibelius [grandchildrens']so would expect a new and better Time PC to run anything.

canard 19:16 11 Oct 03

AH! is your prob maybe that WIN XP needs updated drivers to run Cubase? It would be a good idea to try their website and see if there's help online.
I've read that XP is wonderful if you don't need to run added progs and this usually boils down to needing additional drivers.

scushy 23:20 11 Oct 03

i've installed all the updates,drivers,service packs etc,but i think i found something that might be the culprit for the distortion when scrolling problem,i think there's a dry solder joint because i accidently knocked the tower and the sound that came throuh the speakers was horrendous so i took out the soundcard,modem etc and tried it, again when i tapped the tower the sound was aweful,i'm going to report this to time computers on monday morning

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…