Thumbs up for Samsung repair centre

Covergirl 12:28 02 Oct 09

I sent away my 3.5 year old Samsung MP3 player for a new battery and a new toggle switch (worn due to excess use) and received it back this week.

I must say I'm impressed with the service and the cost.

£10 payable up front for them to have a look at it, so I sent it off to them (at my cost), they assessed the job, let me know the price and I confirmed they could go ahead.

One further phone call to take payment and the MP3 was back with me the day after.

I think the cost was reasonable at £40 (plus the initial £10 on top of that, so £50 all in).

I forgot to put the Returns number on the package so that caused a slight holdup - totally my fault - but otherwise I couldn't praise them enough.

Just thought I'd post a note of praise rather than the usual gripes . . .

mr simon 13:30 02 Oct 09

With an MP3 player thats 3.5 years old and starting to deteriorate, I would have put the £50 towards a new one.

Covergirl 11:30 03 Oct 09

. . . the only deterioration was on the battery and the toggle button which the £10 assessment was out to price up for repair. One doesn't throw out a torch or radio etc when the battery dies.

Anyhow it was a cutting edge 20GB radio/MP3/movie 3 years ago and cost c. £200 when it was new and has never let me down. That's hardly a disposable item in my books.

jack 10:19 04 Oct 09

Accolade to Samsung service.
When my 9 m0nth old low used laser printer started showing fading- I called the service centre- after an initial hiccup providing proof of purchase, a service engineer attended- showed me how to detect a cartridge nearing end of life and organized a FREE replacement{It seems OEM carts are not fully charged].
Whilst discussing the wonders of a machine with such a small foot print- He took the time to strip the covers to demonstrate the compact design.
Well done Samsung.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now