Thoughts please

sdf 00:37 30 Dec 03

hello all, im planning on spending more money I really sensibly shouldnt (again) what do people think of this: click here I know and like novatech as a supplier - and they will assemble & test the kit which is a bonus. althought im capable of doing it myself the number of horror stories I've seen with self builds, nice to have a bit of re-assurance it'll all work! anyone know of similar deals around?

phoenix198 08:04 30 Dec 03

I've used Novatech motherboard bundles too and would agree they are very good. You might also like to look at Komplett click here or Watford Electronics click here

rogertjj 09:01 30 Dec 03

I would think twice about Watford Electronics. I've not had any personal experience with them, and don't think I will after reading this thread !

click here

sdf 12:20 30 Dec 03

to be honest I've had mixed experiences with them. got a nice TFT cheap from them a while back that i'm still happy with (I cant hold my wanting it to be silver instead of cream against them!) but otherwise bad bad experiences, like taking 7 months to process a refund or getting a pack of cdrs and having like 70% of them or so have the coating that is written on just flake off! What are peoples views on Athlon 64s? worth the extra £100+ it puts on a bundles price

BaronR 12:37 30 Dec 03

Have you thought about A few people have had issues but they have always been fine for me.

Or how about Have heard some good things about them.

sdf 21:34 30 Dec 03

anyone else?? thanxs for all responses so far - am investigating your suggestions

sdf 00:30 31 Dec 03

also due to the small size of my case cooling is a big problem of mine. at the moment with my 1.2ghz system i have this system blower that sounds like a small jet engine! so Im wondering about water cooling to go with the motherboard bundle i linked to earlier. anyone had any experiences with these sytems and can recomend or warn against any specific items?

BaronR 14:44 31 Dec 03

Unless you are a mega enthusiast then I really wouldn’t bother with water-cooling your PC.

While it is a nice gimmick you will be forever 'cleaning out your pipes' to prevent blockages when the metals corrode and you will find that this requires servicing more than your average car. Plus it only takes a minor leak to shaft your entire pc.

No real need for this technology unless you absolutely need to squeeze every last drip of power out of your pc. If that’s the case then why not use liquid nitrogen, a recent article on Toms Hardware shows how they achieved 5.25Ghz out of a P4 with a core temperature of -190c.

Forum Editor 17:19 31 Dec 03

of cooling personal computers lies in gas cooling - similar to the system that runs the air-con in your car. That removes the problem of having a pint of water gurgling around the inside of your electronically delicate PC and it's probably more efficient anyway.

sdf 18:53 31 Dec 03

I cannot find any gas cooling systems. though based on Barons last comment I want liquid nitrogen!! can anyone recoment a quiet but effective cooling system for a Athlon XP 3000, 128mb graphics, audigy, 80gb hdd, DVDROM & dvd writter (I think thats all the components that generate heat)if Im going to bring my pc up to par then the least I could do is make is not sound like a hovercraft!

rev.bem 19:04 31 Dec 03

Might be worth a look

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…