Thought for the day.

tippucat 21:23 27 Feb 03

Hi all. Thought I would share an experience that I have had with downloading mobile tunes from the internet. Received my phone bill a couple of days ago and noted that it looked higher then usual but didn't really study it. Phoned my mobile company a short while ago on a totally unrelated matter but ended up talking about a new package. The guy on the phone was really helpful. He drew my attention to two call costs that totalled £9+. In addition, on the back of the bill was 17 mins of WAP calls = £1.67.

Trawling through the memory banks I then remembered downloading a tune off the 'net. It stated £1.50 per minute however it was all done on screen. I'm now somewhat bemused as to how this could have accrued £9 in calls.

The WAP calls are equally baffling as I have not set up an account however, as the phone is new I have fiddled with it. Apparently every time I hit a WAP related service it began charging.

Just a cautionary tale for the unwary.

Lú-tzé 21:42 27 Feb 03

We all do bizarre things with new technology. A case in point: when I got my digital camera the first thing I did (accidently) was set the language to Japanese which I don't understand at all... it took a lot of trial and error to get it to a language I could understand.

My thought for the day: backup your data.

Spook Tooth 23:10 27 Feb 03

Lol. Guess the manual didn't have that evidentuality covered either?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…