Thomas Cook/VoucherExpress

Newuser939 11:57 14 Dec 08

I recently ordered some travel vouchers from the Thomas Cook website. The site allows you to specify a date at least two days ahead when they are to be delivered. In my case that date came and went, and the following day I contacted the helpline (an 0870 number which involved 10 minutes of holding on and is only available 9-5 Monday to Friday). The gist of the response was that as Christmas is a busy period they had got behind and I would receive them when I receive them. On the face of it, it is reasonably predictable that Christmas will be a busy period for gift vouchers and it should be possible to gear up for that. The current position, therefore, is that Thomas Cook are promoting an offer which their agents are in no position to fulfil. Does this suggest poor management by both Thomas Cook and VoucherExpress or am I being unfair to both?

spuds 14:34 14 Dec 08

Unforeseen's happen all the time, and these type of offers or promotions seem to suffer the most. Considering that the Royal Mail (who deliver most or all UK based mail) are discussing strike action, then things will only be delayed further.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…