thinking of replacing my PC

slim_uk 11:54 23 Jun 04

dye to the problems I am having with my Current TIME PC, I am thinking of buying a new Base unit. Does anyone know how good 'Vantage Technologise' systems are. I am on a smallish budget (Circa £400).

Aspman 13:17 23 Jun 04

Might be worth doing a self build so you can use up any useful parts from your existing machine. CD drives and the like could be carried over easily, modems, graphics card , sound card, hard drive even. Depends on the spec of what you have and what you would like.

A local PC shop may also offer you a quote that includes your reused parts.

I'm building a base unit for the father of a mate and I'm reusing his CDRW and floppy. Saves him about £30 just but better than nothing.

You should be able to buy the parts for a new base unit for well under £300 including the OS.

rickimalone 13:55 23 Jun 04

Alternativley, if you dont fancy building you own try Mesh build to order base units.
They have a range of option from AMD ATHLON, INTEL P4 AND AMD 64 based systems staring from very low prices:click here click here

961 14:30 23 Jun 04

Look at the Dell web site where you can start from well under your budget
click here

piker1 16:27 23 Jun 04

All I would say is look at the comments made by users of this discussion site and go with the company that really looks after it's customers.

Dorsai 20:03 23 Jun 04

i have never bought a ready-made PC in my life. I just replace the bit(s) that i am finding too slow/small...every now and again a major change in technology means you have to replace a few other bits (Eg. the PSU won't plug onto new Mobo's) but i have always been happy with the PC i have, as it is just what i want, and does what i want it too. Pick returned parts from PC world- extra 10% off, and frequently the missing bits (drivers/cables) can be reused from the old pc or downloaded free...or bought for less than the 10% off....or go to eBya....get a bargain....(Eg. 1Gb reg. ECC ram, £65.00, list price's from £120 to £1500 depending on manufacturer....) works for me!

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:37 23 Jun 04

click here 3296 inc delivery...ends today though!

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:38 23 Jun 04

That'll be £296 inc VAT and deliv ;-)))

G

pj123 21:32 23 Jun 04

Plenty within your price range here click here

pj123 21:36 23 Jun 04
  g40 13:12 25 Jun 04

click here

cheers and good luck, its a daunting task choosing the best pc for the money.
g

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…