Thinking of getting this your views please

VEG 19:57 28 Apr 04

Hi im in the process of getting a new pc and this has caught my eye click here

Please give your views on it

byfordr 20:11 28 Apr 04

Supported by Time! (A quick search will reveal all) Couldn't be bothered with the hassle myself. What do you want to do with the pc, and whats your budget?

VEG 20:13 28 Apr 04

Mostly dvd burning and storage. I have about £1100 to spend including a 17" tft.

byfordr 20:39 28 Apr 04

click here with a bit of tweaking...

Try the usual suspects click here click here click here

Do you play games? Video edit? Use for music? Photos?

VEG 20:58 28 Apr 04

i use for all the above. For the money is the spec any good?

byfordr 08:09 29 Apr 04

The spec is good I have doubts about the quality of Times support.

VEG 08:56 29 Apr 04

My current pc is a tiny and didnt need to use the support at all. I know it is a different company but i cant seem to match the spec for the same price else where.

Sir Radfordin 09:46 29 Apr 04

You may want to quickly click here and see that if you want to get the recovery CD you are going to have to pay an additional £60 and then another £40 to get it delivered - nearly 10% over the 'list' price!

VEG 09:53 29 Apr 04

I have just had a look and a reload pack is £19.99 is this the same thing?

Stuartli 10:02 29 Apr 04

Tiny is now part of Time and its systems are built in the Time factory in Burnley.

Personally I would follow byfordr's advice...:-)

Sir Radfordin 10:05 29 Apr 04

Yes that is the same CD that is included in the warranty upgrade. If you don't upgrade the warranty it looks like you would have to pay to return it to them - though you may want to check this.

The problem with Recovery CDs is that should the Hard drive fail (after the warranty has experied) is that you can no longer access the hiden partition to recover the system. The CD they supply does not appear to be a full version of Windows but a way of accessing a hidden partition. Time/Tiny aren't the only ones to do this but it is something to watch out for.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…