thinking of buying Sony PCVRS502

harryaustin 20:11 05 May 04

Looking to upgrade to a new PC that will enable me to do video editing and the Sony seems like a well specified and quality machine, and gets good reviews from Which, but no mention in any PC mags. Anyone got any experience of Sony or advice on alternative hardware with a good rep?

byfordr 20:38 05 May 04

Nice products. Low on spec...

What do you want to do apart from movies? Games? Digital photos? Office? Internet?

You'll get a lot more from your money from click here click here click here

R

harryaustin 16:30 06 May 04

byfordr - thanks for your comments, this whole thing is starting to do my head in.
I have a budget of around £1500 all in, to include the base unit, 17" TFT monitor, printer and basic Office software.
I want a fast, capable machine that will enable me to edit video, watch TV, play games, access Broadband internet and the normal office type stuff.
Is this too much to ask for the money - I thought that should be plenty?

phoenix198 19:47 06 May 04

You could do very much worse than click here which bundles a printer with a good base unit / monitor / speaker package. Doesn't have a TV card but no doubt Mesh would accommodate your requirement, or there are plenty of after market add-in cards or even USB TV receivers.

byfordr 22:47 06 May 04

Do you have kids? ( click here ) If you do very cost effective way of getting office... £85 Amazon :-)click here just enter the following code to drop the price.

Gift certificate claim code: STUDENT23544

Value: £15

Expiry Date: July 19, 2004

Just ordered and received this today (going on the pc I am building for my Aunt and her sproglets)Comes with disk, nice manual, offer to get Access for 30 euros, and a licence to install on 3 pcs :-)

What sort of printer do you want? Laser? Colour?

You should get loads for that! The prices for 19" tfts isn't that much more than 17" (unless you get as part of a bundle)click here £375 fe's choice!

byfordr 22:58 06 May 04

click here 3ghz intel 1024mb memory 9800 pro graphics. Change the CD-RW for DVD-RW, change the monitor (either upgrade to tft or take off and get tft else where)Perhaps add the firewire card (although if you only need 1 you get that on a audigy 2 soundcard)Well under budget, leaving pennies for Office, Printer, Add a TV card in later (of talk to customer services) Get a all-in-one unit modem for the BB if you have more than one pc, decidingif you need wireless (not that much more expensive)

A pc with these specs will kick arse in all areas. Got a similarly spec'd machine myself, and its the business. :-)

HTH

R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…