thinking of buying from mesh

gary46 18:27 24 Jan 05

looking at matrix a 3500 pcx (pci express) having serious doubts after reading horror stories concerning customer support can anyone put my mind at rest or is this an ongoing problem.anyone with the above pc any input regarding performance etc would be greatly appriecieted. cheers

Tenacious Green 20:12 24 Jan 05

I've had one 6 months now, and although a few teething probs mainly surrounding the SP2 which they have fully resolved and won't affect you as it will come pre-installed (mine came SP1), my PC i working great and doing evrything I wanted it to and at a decent price.

I had one other minor issue with Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD, but removed that and all is fine and dandy. When I did have to ring them they answered the phone in reasonable time and provided sound advice. There is no doubting that their computers are good value. It seems that software issue cause alot of their problems.

There may have been quite alot of rumblings on here and other forums about them, but there are alot of happy customers too. Remember, Only the bad things ever get reported!

russmini 22:51 24 Jan 05

My only input is, you have to put things into perspective, How many units do they sell per month, how many complaints per month, as stated by tenacious green you will usually only get the bad things on forums, cuase us brits are not that good on praise, but one things for certain my new comp will almost certainly be a mesh ! unless someone else comes along and offers that kind of kit for the money, which so far they have not.

By the way i was looking at the same comp as you.

Mortticia 23:52 24 Jan 05

For every complaint you read about Mesh there will be 99 satisfied customers who say nothing. If Mesh is your choice then go for it, it's unlikely you will be dissapointed.

Danoh 00:31 25 Jan 05

I was also extremely concerned after reading some posts about terrible customer service, which my initial experiences seem to support.

I was on the verge of looking to cancel my order. But fortunately, I did not and have not regretted the decision.

Things have got better in my experience. And the PC came and worked straight out of the box (Oct 2004). And mine did have SP2 installed during the autumn of great uncertainty, probably because I said I'd prefer it to be delivered later than stated if it could have SP2 installed (only 1 day late and I got advance warning as well).

Later on, we had a problem which was fixed without any hassle as well.

The occasional lack of feedback to email and phone enquiries can occasionally freak you out, especially when you are stressed over PC malfunctions. And every single query and issue has been addressed, 100%, even if on a couple of occasions there were delays of a week or more in getting action. But things have clearly improved in my own experience, coming up to the end of last year.

Have not had cause to call this year/month so can't say if its still improving, the same, or getting worse.

No one can guarantee you will have the same experience. So all I can say is that I would personally buy from MESH again if they had the right model and the best price for my needs.

Forum Editor 01:28 25 Jan 05

because the vast majority of all new computers (not just those supplied by Mesh) work perfectly from the start. Many of us say the same thing when threads like yours appear, which is that we see the problems in this forum, we don't often hear from people who say "I bought a computer from company X last year, and so far it hasn't put a foot wrong".

It's human nature to complain when trouble strikes, and to keep quiet when there are no problems. Bear in mind that there are probably many hundreds of people who have no problems for every one who has a bad experience. If you are one of the unlucky few, and you can't get satisfaction from Mesh, or from any other company, you know where to come.

HXP 02:01 25 Jan 05

I am one of the unlucky few then and like everyone else I think MESH do in the main produce good machines.

However if things do go wrong then the tech support can be patchy. My machine kept corrupting files & things would not load - traced to a faulty motherboard - at least it had the good grace to fail within 7 days. I accepted it as one of those things - did not rant or rave and duly sent the machine back despite having on site warranty. They lost my machine, then sent me someone else's and eventually after many phone calls deliverdd my rebuilt machine.

Unfortunately that failed and they sent out a support engineer who couldn't get it to run even with a new HDD. Again I co operated, but when the on site engineer gave up and left me with the machine not working I did get a little upset. Tech support at Mesh advised me it was my reponsibility to reload windows but as the machine didn't start up and the onsite engineer couldn't I decided that was it.

In fairness I got a refund but only after an arguement.

My point is if it works out of the box - great - if not and you start getting a poor service get a refund.

4 months with my Carrera and I have a well built stable machine.

Mesh are a good company - some of their Tech support people are definately not showing the company in the best light.

PS I don't agree only bad news gets reported - look at some of my postings about my Carrera & iPAQ nothing but praise !! ( yes I know shame they went bust)

HXP

matherelli 10:38 25 Jan 05

I totally agree with you. If the machine works out of the box = great. If not get a refund. The technical assistance guys were incredibly bad. Dave on these forums is good but the service I had couldn't have been worse. Or so I thought till I came across Tiny. MESH suddenly seemed bearable.

MINKS 12:59 25 Jan 05

I BOUGHT A MESH LAST JULY IT HAD A FEW MINOR PROBLEMS, MESH SOON RECTIFIED AND HAS RUN PERFECT EVERSINCE. MESH DO RECEIVE SOME BAD COMMENTS BUT I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE A PRODUCT I HAVE SIGNED ON THE DOTTED LINE FOR FROM ANY SHOP THAT HAS ARRIVED IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER OR DELIVERED ON TIME. FROM A NEW CAR TO A WASHING MACHINE TO A CARPET.
GO AND BUY ONE. YOU HAVE JUST AS MUCH CHANCE OF GETTING A FAULTY MACHINE FROM MESH AS YOU HAVE FROM ANY OTHER SUPPLIER.

MINKS 13:02 25 Jan 05

Agree with Tenacious Green

Uninstall Pinnacle as soon as you can.

Vague Boy 13:30 25 Jan 05

Can't comment on MESH customer support as my 3500 has never let me down yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…