Thinking about buying Alienware? Read this...

Radix Lecti 09:07 04 Apr 06

Urrrrggghh (click here)

powerless 09:40 04 Apr 06

I don't see any problem with it.

Radix Lecti 09:41 04 Apr 06

Erm... OK.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:22 04 Apr 06

I also fail to see a problem. I have bought many computers for other people from Dell and they are excellent...your point is?

G

Radix Lecti 10:31 04 Apr 06

My point is, Dell offer great value systems but Alienware make top of the line quality systems.

It would be like Lidl buying Harrods!

You simply cannot have both extreme quality and value all in one.

rmcqua 10:47 04 Apr 06

Companies often acquire other companies who have product speciality in certain areas, to "support their product portfolio". It is common business practice. For example, Cisco systems have grown into the giant they are today, with their excellent reputation for quality and customer service, by doing just this opver a period of years. It seems from reading the press on this acquisition that Alienware are going to be given a pretty free hand to continue to manage their part of the business. I don't think anyone need be concerned. If anything, it may give Alienware the fiancial resources to do even greater things!

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:52 04 Apr 06

'You simply cannot have both extreme quality and value all in one'...two words...Honda/Nissan

G

spuds 12:08 04 Apr 06

Its surprising nowadays, who owns what and for how long. Change of ownership,proves very little in the short term.

Devil Fish 17:13 04 Apr 06

because dell have brought out alienware it doesn't mean to say it is going to break it up and destroy it

i suspect that it will be pretty much buisness as usuall the only difference being the money people pay for an alienware will go to dells coffers

smy13 19:08 04 Apr 06

callaway golf last year bought Topflite because they wanted to play both ends of the market

Radix Lecti 19:17 04 Apr 06

OK, sorry, I was wrong :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…