Thermaltake Cases..

BaboonBoy22 11:49 12 Jul 05

Has anyone brought a Thermaltake case? About to purchase one myself (the Shark).. just wanted to hear what peoples views where on them.. whether they're as good as some reviews i've read say they are.

alan-290903 18:02 12 Jul 05

bought one 12 months ago
excellent build quality

mjf85 09:58 13 Jul 05

I have not brought one of these cases but my elder brother has and I have used it for a time. It is the Tsunami model and it is FANTASTIC. Beutiful build quatility, cooling and ease. Well worth it and I would recommend them to any one

PsiFox 11:20 13 Jul 05

I have a XaserIII superb case.

Exellent cooling and loads of space.

I have 3 optical drives and six HDD fitted.

Build quality excellent. no rough edges all rounded off.

you will find lots of people knock them but I like the different styling,not bland like a lot of cases. it is down to your tasts however

Wilham 20:18 15 Jul 05

I have a Xaser III. My son-in-law (age 40) praises the quietness (despite about 7 fans, and my younger son (30) likes the ample space inside.

I have some petty reservations....

The instructions are poor. You can still screw lock pci cards instead of the provided clips,-such as for increasing the rigidity of pci's with external sockets, but you have to find out how to do it yourself, or from a far back thread on this forum.

The spring slides for 5 and a 1/4 slots are great for quick installs. But pressing on the sides exerts an opposite direction of force on the insert than traditional fixing screws. I once found a DVD writer failed to work and feel the side pressure was the cause.

The weight of the steel case with cast alli front door assembly would be easier to move around if it had wheels.

My son didn't go for Thermaltake in the end, he bought a water-cooled outfit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…