Is there such a thing as a "Wireless Monitor"?

wee eddie 22:19 29 Jul 14

or, possibly a Bluetooth one?

BRYNIT 04:12 30 Jul 14

The Samsung C27A700X 27" LED CLICK HEREis the only one I could find.

wee eddie 09:06 30 Jul 14

I wonder:

As the technology appears to exist for a handheld screen, with only a battery and a wireless receiver in it, and therefor very light, to be connected to a fully featured PC or Laptop.

Why on earth are we trying to cram underpowered works into a Tablet Form.

wee eddie 11:38 30 Jul 14

Lazarus: What exactly do you mean by that. It makes little or no sense at all.

Spammers of every size, shape and description have been around since the beginning of the internet and through every device connected to it.

One's Wireless screen need weigh no more than 80 grams, could be less. The Processor Brick could be any shape or weight that you wish, as it sits in your pocket, on your belt or in your bag.

Come to think of it, most Tablets, underpowered as they are, have cracked the problem

wee eddie 12:02 30 Jul 14

Sorry Lazarus: I was obviously, laboriously, crafting my response when you covered you back!

I'm still trying to work out where that should have gone

bumpkin 12:39 30 Jul 14

Here I think Wee eddie click here

wee eddie 00:53 01 Aug 14

So, what's stopping someone making a Laptop with a Wireless or Bluetooth Screen

BRYNIT 08:12 01 Aug 14

"So, what's stopping someone making a Laptop with a Wireless or Bluetooth Screen"

Possibly the extra weight/size that would be required for the, power supply, batteries, circuit board and stand for the screen also the price.

wee eddie 15:02 01 Aug 14

Brynit: That was the question I was asking.

Can one build a Wireless Monitor, which will only need a battery, a Wireless receiver/transmitter and the screen itself.

All the rest of its works would be in the Base Unit, which could be in the same formt of a Laptop Base or even a something the size of a Psion

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…