There must be a good computer shop out there ?

Tadpoleuk 15:04 01 Aug 08

Does anyone know of a good computer shop ? ? ?

Anywhere in South East or even Central London or nearish to Bromley in Kent. I cannot believe there isnt a good one out there somewhere but Im damned if I can find it..

I know of a good few online stores, but sometimes I want something that day and dont mind travelling for an hour or two to get it. I refuse to go to *!@:y world.

I am dreaming of a PC superstore, brimming with high quality components , with helpful and friendly staff . . .but will settle for a dingy hut in a back street if it has nice goods at a decent price :)

Any ideas ?

sunny staines 15:49 01 Aug 08

novatech in portsmouth.

small shops are limited in choice and expensive.

maplins store is your best bet if you have one in bromley south or nearby

tullie 17:00 01 Aug 08

There are plenty.Depends what you call good,and what requirements are.

Tadpoleuk 17:13 01 Aug 08

Novatech is the kind of place I mean , but they are a bit far to travel. Our Maplins is very expensive and the products are really old and the staff are infamous for their body odour which makes you want to run straight out again :)

When I mean good, I mean a place that has a good selection of all parts for people who like to build or upgrade computers.

for example I would like to go out tomorrow and be able to buy things like -
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz 'Wolfdale' 6MB
Intel core 2 Quad Q6700 2.67 GHz 1066 FSB
Asus P5K Premium
Corsair Twin2X 4GB DDR2 (2x2048MB) XMS2
Thermaltake blue orb cooler
Arctic silver compound

I dont mind paying a bit more than web prices.
Thank you for your responses :)

spuds 17:39 01 Aug 08

I think that you will find it very difficult to find a 'back street' computer shop with a good selection of available items.

Its not unknown for our local computer shop to make purchases from Ebuyer,on a bulk buy and next day delivery arrangement, then add a bob or two on the price, for their troubles.

Is there any computer fairs in your location. If so, you might be able to pick up some information and good contacts from there.

Stuartli 00:10 02 Aug 08

To get the best prices you have to use an online retailer such as Scan, Dabs, e-Buyer etc.

No small or even medium sized computer shop can even attempt to provide either the most up to date stock or compete on prices.

dagbladet 07:04 02 Aug 08

Pop up to Tottenham Court Road tube, take the NEW Oxford Street exit and walk about 200 yards, on the left you'll see Morgan Computers. Just round the corner from the British Museum. I often have a mooch around there when I'm working up town.

click here

pj123 13:43 02 Aug 08

Quite a few in Croydon:

click here

Seems to be only 4 in Bromley:

Game
68 High Street
Bromley, Kent, BR1 1EG
020 8313 9960
click here

Ranata Consultancy
12 Turpington Close
Bromley, Kent, BR2 8JP
020 8402 0320

Redinet
1 North Street
Bromley, Kent, BR1 1RB
020 8249 7000
click here

The Data Store
6 Chatterton Road
Bromley, Kent, BR2 9QN
020 8460 8991
click here

Tadpoleuk 17:14 05 Aug 08

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I have had to order online as none of the shops had the kind of selection that I was after :)

mikeben121 21:26 05 Aug 08

Bit late but Yoyotech in Windmill street just off Tottenham Court Road have an excellent range of products in stock and quite reasonable prices.

Apparently some people have had issues with their after sales service but I've never had anything go wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac