There are clangers, and spectacular clangers...

Forum Editor 09:20 07 Jul 07

No prizes for guessing which category this one is in:-

click here

Stuartli 09:52 07 Jul 07

In the Mail as well today...:-)

Small change to Bill....

wee eddie 10:40 07 Jul 07

Wasn't the X-Box hardware sold as a Loss-leader on the assumption that Games Sales would more than make-up the difference?

Forum Editor 11:46 07 Jul 07

I don't know about that, but I do know that, despite having to fork out over $1 billion to cover the cost of extended warranties, Microsoft still expects to make a profit on the X-Box 360 in the current trading year.

Kate B 13:12 07 Jul 07

I'm rather of the opinion that Microsoft has never been much good with hardware and should stick to software. Incidentally, we've been writing about dodgy Xbox 360s in the Guardian for a while now.

wee eddie 13:15 07 Jul 07

at the time the X-Box came out. I seem to remember an article on M$'s Marketing Strategy.

Totally-braindead 15:26 07 Jul 07

I'm dissappointed, when I saw the title I thought this was a thread about my beloved TV program the Clangers, who remembers the soup dragon?

At least they are covering the warranties, mind you I suppose they don't have much choice. Wonder how long it takes to get an Xbox repaired anyway, if they have had much more problems than they thought they would they must have struggled to keep up.

Diemmess 16:41 07 Jul 07

........of course Major Clanger and the Iron Chicken.
I preferred (Oliver Postgate's ?) delightful Ifor the Engine, but that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

Thankfully nobody in my fairly large family of three generations either has, or hankers after an X-box. So we can sit back and tough it out

Sic 17:10 07 Jul 07

You are spot on, same with the PS3. Pull one apart and cost all the items inside, you would not get close to the retail price.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…