Thanks for the memory

arricarry 15:23 20 Mar 04

Hello - I have a new Mesh system and you may have seen a few of my threads about the company. I think I now have this machine under control, with some help from Mesh support and a weary postman.
However I must draw to the attention of recent purchasers of systems with the Asus K8V deluxe
mainboard a possible misconfiguration of the memory chips. This problem came up at some other forums, so I do not take any credit for this nor any pleasure in revealing it. It stems from using slots 2 and 3 on the board,instead of slots 1 and 2. This effectively runs the memory @ 200Mhz instead of 400Mhz so I am led to believe. I do know that my 3D score was 12269 before I changed the memory from 2 and 3, to 1 and 2 to 22500 afterwards. If anybody has any doubts I would contact Mesh, because these changes are fairly recent on the newer Mainboards. Mesh may be in the process of contacting affected people, but I do not know if this is the case.

rickimalone 15:32 20 Mar 04

I've just ordered a Matrix64 3000+ FX with a,
ASUS K8V Deluxe Athlon 64 Mainboard - 800FSB, Dual LAN, IEEE 1394, SATA.
Its due monday, will I be affected and how could I tell??

rickf 15:32 20 Mar 04

Good of you to provide the info. and its adds to the knowledge base.

arricarry 15:44 20 Mar 04

Hello- Mesh have promised to use slots 1 and 2 in the future. However a quick look inside will tell you as slot 1 is blue and 2 and 3 are yellow. If it looks wrong have a chat with support, but it is simple to remedy.

rickimalone 11:34 24 Mar 04

Thankyou for the reply to my email shall be checking it once back from work.

rickimalone 23:12 24 Mar 04

Checked it and its in the right slots. Thanks

arricarry 10:41 25 Mar 04

enjoy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…