TFT Monitors for use with Flight Sim 2004

Woodmouse 12:39 20 Oct 03

Does anyone have any usefull comments on using a TFT Monitor when using with Flight Simulator 2004. I am considering buying one, but need to get some kind of feedback before parting with the cash.

mole44 17:17 20 Oct 03

as an avid flight sim 2004 fan,keep to your normal VDU,there is soon to come out a new form of display thin as a TFT and better picture than VDU.hope that helps

nkosi 22:04 20 Oct 03

I have lost many hours of my life playing Flight Simulator since the original version. For the past two years I have had 15 inch TFT screens mainly for lack of space, but also the looks and clarity of vision. I currently have FS 2004 with a 15 inch Philips TFT at 1064 by 768. I agree with mole that a big CRT screen will give smoother lines on your aircraft. The sharper image of a TFT can make the aircraft look a little bit pixellated from some angles. But I have grown used to the sharp clear colours and would not go back to a CRT. The 2D cockpits are clearer and crisper on a TFT and a 15 inch is as comfortable to read as a 19 inch CRT. The smoothness of flight and frame rates are not affected by the monitor.

Lead 18:33 21 Oct 03

LCD reviews:

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…