tft monitor

hotant 15:07 24 Sep 04

hi i'm thinking about buying a tft monitor 17 or 18" and was wondering what is the best monitor for gaming and the best place to buy it

Rayuk 18:16 24 Sep 04

Best monitors for gaming are those with a 16ms or less response time.
I have Iiyama 17" E431S and am very pleased with it It can be had now for £286 from
click here.

I noticed while there that there is a new model out the E434,but looking further this doesnt have DVI which I think gives a beter image quality.

helmetshine 23:16 24 Sep 04

As Rayuk says you really do need a low response time...the other problem you may encounter is resolution....TFT's have a native resolution at which they look the best .....anything other than that degrades the picture {unless it's an exact multiple IE:1600x1200 to 800x600) ....if your PC can't play the game at that resolution you're going to have to lower it and the graphic quality will suffer...CRT's don't suffer from this IF space isn't at a premium you may be better of with a good quality CRT instead

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…