TFT for gaming

JACC 18:23 06 Oct 04

Is there a site that compares TFT monitors , i would like to know what are the best ones for gamers . Got around £400 , would like 19" if possible .

citadel 18:49 06 Oct 04

custom pc recommends the SHARP LL-171G-B, it is a 17" but is very good for gaming, price £304

simonp1 19:22 06 Oct 04

Iiyama Vision Master Pro 454
£304 inc VAT

Great for gaming, check the review section on this site. For gaming CRT really is the way to go TBH

Vague Boy 19:34 06 Oct 04

I have the LaCie Photon20visionII 20 inch TFT (16ms response time, 1600 x 1200 native resolution) and am well satisfied with its performance when playing games. Costs a bit more than £400 though but it's worth it.

Djohn 21:21 06 Oct 04

click here Toms hardware guide. If you scroll down a little you will see the links for monitors. Also from the main page type monitors or TFT into the search box to come up with more.

Another one to try is the website of overclockers for TFT recommendations for gaming. click here j.

Djohn 21:24 06 Oct 04

Look to the left of the page that comes up in the link and select "displays" from the drop down menu, type TFT monitor into the search box.

JACC 22:57 18 Oct 04

sorry to keep this post going , but i would like your advice. Is it better to have a quick response time ( under 25ms ) or to have dvi for gaming with a TFT . I'm trying to buy a 19" TFT , i can find some with DVI but they have a 25ms response time and some with a low response time ( 12ms ) but no DVI . The few strands of hair i have left are getting lonely and scared , your advice will help them .

wags 00:10 19 Oct 04

If you must have a TFT for gaming, go for the lowest response time i.e. under 16ms, otherwise gameplay will be very poor.I believe that this is far more important than DVI capability if gaming is the priority.

JACC 10:22 19 Oct 04

Cheers wags , that's what i wanted to know .

JACC 10:23 19 Oct 04

Cheers wags , that's what i wanted to know .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…