tesco's online shopping

choffe 10:51 15 Sep 03

i tried online shopping for the first time the other week and felt verry proud when i got my shopping.
when i unpacked a number of items where the wrong ones or special offers over looked, so i rang tesco's help line and they refunded all the items and let me keep the ones sent. pretty good by my standards. all in all they refunded 40 quid and let me keep 40quid in items more than the origional bill may i add..

Forum Editor 11:05 15 Sep 03

but not much of an advertisement for the Tesco online system. The shopping items are obviously hand-picked in the warehouse, and that's where errors can creep in.

I haven't used Tesco's service, but I have regularly used Ocado, Waitrose's online partner. They've sometimes missed an item, but when that happens the driver sometimes hands out a free bottle of wine, so my irritation subsides immediately.

bfoc 11:46 15 Sep 03

Tesco's on-line grocery service for some time now and find it pretty good.

As the FE says the most frequent problem is with the 'picking' and packing at the store. If the person doing it is having an 'off' day, there can be problems.

However, as choffe has said, I have generally found that the help line really is helpful and will be very generous in refunding for problem items. Mind you so can the delivery drivers. On one occassion when some baquettes I had ordered for a party where broken on delivery the driver insited on refunding me for all 8 of them!

Of course being able to collect clubcard points is an encouragement as well. We went to Valencia on part of the proceeds!

-pops- 12:47 15 Sep 03

Blimey! Going to Valencia on the proceeds of Club Card points. At a return of 1% you must spend a huge amount of money in Tesco!;-)

Mike D 14:31 15 Sep 03

Reminds me of the time when a colleague of mine used an on-line shopping site, and the Orange Juice that he requested was replaced by Lemon Gif. He said it tasted awful!!!

Mike

bfoc 17:25 15 Sep 03

-pops-
Actually we do spend a bit at Tesco, but we also use a Tesco Credit Card which gets us points elsewhere as well. (Buying computer equipment fro friends and family for instance!)

These points are then changed into clubcard vouchers. These vouchers are then worth upto 4 times their 'face' value in deals, or when converted to air miles.

Air miles also had a half price offer on and so for around £30 in Clubcard vouchers we got two scheduled return flights to Valencia!

We even manage to pay off the Tesco CC each month and so get 56 days interest free! Works well!

Do you work for Tesco's by any chance?

If not then I think they should employ you.

bfoc 16:21 16 Sep 03

Wish I did!

I just tell it as it is.

It is quite rare that we manage to get any system to work for us, so I'm chuffed when we do!

nkosi 16:52 16 Sep 03

We spend a fair bit in Tesco's. It's very convenient so we buy almost everything there - not just groceries - petrol, magazines, stationery, kitchen stuff, underwear, pet insurance, life insurance, you name it. And as bfoc says if you pay with a Tesco card you get extra points towards your vouchers which then go 4 times as far as face value. We got £900 off a holiday in Florida this year - no catch. We've already got enough for £600 off our next holiday. And I don't even use their on-line shopping. No - I don't work for them either! It's worth a look if you live near one.

choffe 13:18 17 Sep 03

what is funny is i live in a medium sized town which has a housing population of around 9000 properties, and when tesco's decided to open here all the local shops complained about how their buisness would be effected, now nearly 10 years later, we have a new asda store and it all started up again, the funny thing is, it doesnt matter how many supermarkets there are, they all seem to be incredibly buisy and thank's to online shopping we can get our groceries without the hassle of parking, walking and even thinking, it's great, everybody should try it, (then maby i could get served at the till that bit faster.lol).

Interface 14:10 17 Sep 03

My experience with Tesco.com is okay, but I have had a few exceptionally late delivery times - several hours late - and I do find that they tend to pick items that are right on their sell-by dates (of course, they are the items no in-store shopper would ever pick up!).

They also use FAR, FAR too many plastic bags. They seem to put each item in a separate bag. I've complained several times, it's a completely unnecessary waste. I don't need 30 plastic bags to carry the groceries up stairs to may flat.

I would try another Super Market, but only live within a Tesco catchment area (and don't own a car). For all the short-comings however, I'm thankful I don't have to use the local mini-market store (they actually only stock out of date items...)

N

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…