Tesco Broadband

butterscotch 19:58 28 Jun 06

Has anyone got any experience with Tesco Broadband as i'm currently on Wannadoo (now Orange) on their up to 8meg sevice but with a 2gig per month download limit. If I switch to Tesco I can get their 1meg service with NO download limit for the same price. I currently get a connection speed of 576 kbps with Wannadoo but will only get a maximum of 512 with Tesco, but would I notice the difference.
Any Help would be appreciated.

Stuartli 20:15 28 Jun 06

Forget Tesco - it's way overpriced for the speeds and caps imposed and even more so for the unlimited versions. In any case Tesco is only a Virtual ISP i.e. it sells on an ISP service, just as it does with financial and insurance products under its name.

For instance, Tiscali's 1MB unlimited is £12.99 until the end of this month whilst 2MB unlimited is £14.99; up to 8MB will be £17.99 - Tesco doesn't even enter the equation on such pricing and available speeds.

butterscotch 20:24 28 Jun 06

I've heard quite a few bad reports about Tiscali i.e. dropped connections, unable to get connections etc. Are these common or have they cleaned up their act.

Jackcoms 20:30 28 Jun 06

"I've heard quite a few bad reports about Tiscali i.e. dropped connections, unable to get connections etc. Are these common or have they cleaned up their act."

I've been using screaming.net which became World Online which became Tiscali for about 10 years now and I've never had a dropped connection (both dial-up and BB).

Their act doesn't need cleaning up.

Don't believe everything you hear.

spuds 22:59 28 Jun 06

I agree with Jackcoms comment.Been using Tiscali for a number of years, previously Lineone. Never been any problems worth worrying about.

Totally-braindead 20:15 30 Jun 06

I had some billing problems with Tiscali intially, one month they wouldn't charge and the next month they would take 2 months money. Took a while to sort out but in everything has been fine for nearly 2 years now. I have never had any outages and the connection has been rock steady.
Only thing I would point out is that Tiscali unlimited is not strictly speaking unlimited and it gives more info under its terms and conditions. If you use the connection to download 24/7 then you will get a warning about overusing and will then if you ignore it be removed.
I'm happy with my Tiscali BB and the 1mb service is fine for me and I would be happy to recommend it.

spuds 20:28 30 Jun 06

Regarding the billing issue, I was talking to my credit card company the other month. Part of that conversation was about possible payment for perhaps Tiscali. Apparently, Tiscali have set-up a monthly direct debit type of arrangement with the credit card provider.Having just changed my 'package' deal,I will be keeping an open eye on the outcome of a reduction in charges, and see if my credit card is billed correctly. No doubt, everything should be alright, but we will have to wait and see.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…