Terrible MESH case and build quality.

24bitkid 19:15 20 Apr 05

My mother has a one year old Mesh computer (Midi Tower) and asked me to fit a second hard drive. Purchased new hard drive from PC World on the way home and figured this would be a five minute job.

Wrong!

This Mesh case is one of the worst I have ever seen and the quality inside leaves a lot to be desired. Cables strewn all over the place, one screw holding HDD and FDD in place, wires blocking the fan etc. Looking more closer there is no proper HDD drive cage, therefore no reasonable way of fitting a second HD into the machine. I think there should be a secondary drive cage under the HD but there is none present.

There is a space beneath the floppy drive and fitting the HD is reasonably easy but the finished result is not satisfactory. The floppy drive motherboard connector is now jammed up against the HD and I am concerned about head build up. Added to the that with the drive in the position, a standard IDE cable will not reach the two drives.

So I gave up.

Looks like you cannot upgrade this machine with a second HD. And yes we can use a USB drive, but the fitting of a second HD is so easy a five year old could do it! But not on this Mesh.

garrema 20:14 20 Apr 05

and well put togehter

Bleep 20:26 20 Apr 05

Mesh have used the same cases for the last 2-3 years the midi and tower case both with screw free fixings so just what is this case?

Both version have HDD clip fixing email Davey @ mesh support and give him the serail number found on the back of the case as all Mesh Pc's I have come into contact with have been spot on.

Bleep 20:27 20 Apr 05
  24bitkid 21:24 20 Apr 05

Picture of the case here (56k beware!)

click here

Where do you fit a second hard drive on the £1000+ machine?

Sans le Sou 21:40 20 Apr 05

I think you may have a mini tower there. What model is it Inspire or premier etc. The Mesh midi is a lot bigger.

Sans le Sou 21:43 20 Apr 05

If you cannot fit another its an external or get a bigger one inside I fear.

24bitkid 21:56 20 Apr 05

Done it as a compromise.

Disconnected the DVD as it is not used, and placed the HD below floppy. Used the CD cabling. A tight fit with a lot cabling. Just hope it doesn't get too hot!

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…