Telewest - Anyone had their I/Net acc CANCELLED?

AngeTheHippy 11:51 02 Nov 03

Morning all,
Tried to go online (dial up I'm sorry to say...)at around 17:00hrs Friday, but got the msg 'Your username and/or password is not valid on this domain'. I tried all thru Friday evening and got the same msg each time. I then (just to satisfy myself that it couldn't POSSIBLY be a s/w prob) tried connecting thru my laptop. Same message! I rang Telewest first thing Sat morning... got the usual buck passing, talking to different areas etc., but finally was called back mid Sat morning, and was promised a call later. Well, that didn't come, so I called them late yesterday afternoon. They then said they wld call me back, which they did, and had re-set username & p/w. TRied to log in....same prob. Soooo, called yet AGAIN, and after waiting some minutes was given yet another password. This did however work (or I wouldn't be sending this..)
I got neither apology nor reason why it was cancelled. My guess is though, that someone very possible cancelled a block of users, me being one of them by mistake. I was off line for total 30 hours.
WhaDaYaThink?

AngetheHippy x

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:26 02 Nov 03

Telewest shares are at an all-time low (2p IIRC), they are sacking staff like there is no tomorrow and have naff all moolah for investment. Take the above as a hint and start looking for a new ISP pronto. I'll give them 6 months, tops.

G

AngeTheHippy 18:19 02 Nov 03

It's really a shame - I've been with 'em for 3 years and until this happened,have had absolutely no probs whatsoever - consistently very good connection speeds - 54 - 54,6 . Will probably wait till the bitter end before changing though.

Thanks for yr reply, hope yr fine.

Ange x

rev.bem 18:22 02 Nov 03

According to GANDALF <|:-)> us Telewest customers are going to be up a well known creek without a paddle in eight days time.

click here

;-))))

rev.bem 18:24 02 Nov 03

Should have read the rest of the post.

Apparently we Telewest users are no longer here.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:40 02 Nov 03

meh! Telewest is floundering like a good 'un, I've seen more life on a butcher's slab. click here :-)))

G

rev.bem 18:45 02 Nov 03

Only a single meh!

Things can't be that bad then!

:-)))

rowdy 18:49 02 Nov 03

Our tame wizard also predicted the total demise of NTL over a year ago. I think his crystal ball needs a defrag.

rowdy

AngeTheHippy 15:12 03 Nov 03

will just have to find another provider offering dial-up 24/7 for a reasonable price... 8-D ... when the time comes.

Ange
x

SEASHANTY 17:06 03 Nov 03

Report in Saturday's "Times" business section stated that NTL income was up 67% on last year mainly as a result of strong sales of Broadband Internet. A report some time previously remarked that it was probable that NTL would take over the Telewest cable business. Prepare to be welcomed to the fold. Many complaints recently about NTL email service down but I know its working fine now. They have sent me the usual monthly email telling me they will be collecting ?24-99 on or about the 12th of the month by DD. See - its all back to normal.

mdshamilton 17:26 03 Nov 03

I read somewhere recently (can't remember where) that Telewest was making money on BB, but losing money on TV services.... They have a monopoly in the areas they service for cable products so don't hold your breath - I expect they're likely to be around for awhile yet....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…