telephone service provider notifty BT of change

mammak 14:57 01 Aug 03

I received a lettter from BT this morning telling me a service provider acting on my behalf,(this is not so i never adviced anyone to do this)would like to transfer my call,s to this provider, i cant understand how this has happend, how are they allowed to do this without at least my written notification to do so, please any advice on this would be welcome
ps, BT could not tell me who this provider was ??
regards Mammak

mammak 18:23 01 Aug 03

sorry that should read Notify

Stuartli 18:35 01 Aug 03

I would go back to BT - as high up the management command trail as you can discover - and ask the question again.

If you don't get a suitable response contact Oftel:

click here

and tell them exactly what has happened and that BT refuses to disclose whoever is involved.

Oftel regulates the telecommunications industry and will certainly be very interested in learning about dubious practices by companies or businesses.

mammak 18:50 01 Aug 03

Thank,s Stuartli i will of course do that, as know matter what way i look at it i cant rest with the fact that anyone can try and change your personal account, whithout your say so thanks again Mammak.

velodrome 18:52 01 Aug 03

The system works though. The service provider didn't get away with it, BT checked with you before any changes were made.

mammak 19:01 01 Aug 03

velodrome yes that am grateful for, as one thing i dont want to do is leave BT.am sure if i take
Stuartli advice and go higher with BT, i will get the imformation i need, as i can say i have never had any bother with them ever thanks Mammak

velodrome 19:21 01 Aug 03

As an ex-BT manager, now retired, I am sure that if you go high enough in the company you will get an answer. If not Stuartli's advice is sound.

graham√ 21:22 01 Aug 03

Unless there is Cable available to your property, BT used be your only telephone service supplier.

However, Oftel has decided that BT must 'Unbundle' the local cable network and open it up to competition, in much the same way as gas and electricity.

You may have become a victim of over-enthusiastic door to door salesmen.

It could be that BT is not allowed to divulge the details of the other service provider at this stage, for reasons of commercial confidence.

mammak 21:23 01 Aug 03

velodrome again thank,s we live in a small aera of southwest Scotland, we do not have cable- broadband ect, BT is all we know and i speak for a lot , when i say we want to stay with them, and as you said BT done there job, they let me know before anthing changed, am just a bit vexed
that these company,s think they can do this to people,but keep mind i only spoke to a young lassie , she mabye didne have the information at hand, so i will try again on Monday folks with all your good advice, thank,s so much for all of your response,s here,s hoping know one will take me over, as i for one want to stay with BT. PS in the past i have said BT OPENWORLD i dont hold much for them but FE has said on 1 other thread 2day they are independent company so "hail BT"

spuds 22:59 01 Aug 03

Stuartli's advice is good. You may find that BT will state Data Protection, as to any reason for not giving you direct information. Do not be fobbed off with this excuse.Go higher up, in the chain of BT command,if you are forced to seek further action.

H-J 14:02 02 Aug 03

why not just go straight to the police? sounds like a clear case of some one or organisation trying to commit fraud.

Hugh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…