Telephone Preference Service

wee eddie 22:43 19 Jun 03

FE closed the thread (not PC related, no doubt)before I could post this rather useful Link.

Mobile Telephone Spam

TPS is a Government Organisation set up to avoid just this kind of thing. Register and it should never happen again.

click here

The Spires 23:03 19 Jun 03

Thanks Sorted.

Jester2K II 23:22 19 Jun 03

Thank you for your further email about receiving text messages on your T-Mobile phone.

We have been made aware recently that a number of our customers are receiving promotional text messages from third party companies and dating services.

These text messages highlight that you have won a prize and to call a premium rate number.

We can confirm that these messages were not sent directly from T-Mobile and if you choose to call the premium rate number, you do so at your own risk.

You are able to write to the Telephone Preference Agency to request that your mobile number be removed from any mailing list at:

Telephone Preference Service
Haymarket House
1 Oxendon Street
London
SW1Y 4EE

Please make sure you include the following information on your request:

1. Your mobile phone number
2. The name and address of the company who sent you this text
3. The date and time of the text message

May we also suggest that if you have received a text message asking you to call a premium rate number to contact the Independent Committee for the Supervision of Standards of Telephone Information Services (ICSTIS)

This organisation can be called on 0800 500212 or 0207 940 7474.

Stuartli 18:31 20 Jun 03

You can stop cold call telephone sales people ringing at all times during the day and evening, along with most junk mail, by registering at the tps website, part of the Direct Mail organisation.

I did this about three years ago and very shortly afterwards cold calls diminished to virtually zero.

watchful 08:48 21 Jun 03

I have TPS enabled on my standard phone and it has cut all the selling calls to practically nil.

If one does get through I just mention TPS and ask for their name and they apologise and hang up very quickly!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…