Technical support costs

H-J 17:12 26 Jun 03

A lot has been written in this forum about the diabolical quality of technical support. well quite by accident I stumbled across this

click here

Dont just look at the figure that leaps out at the page, read the full page to find the basic. Personally, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole- used to earn more than this 20 years ago. but ask yourself, what level of experience/qualification can be hired for this?

The next time (no pun intended!) someone kicks off about the quality of help they recieve, bear this in mind.

Hugh

Sir Radfordin 17:16 26 Jun 03

hmmm what do you have to do to get your OTE then!?

Andybear 21:13 27 Jun 03

What does OTE stand for?

As regards the quality of help received from a company's technical support staff on such low salaries, the quality of help I receive from this site for free cannot be beaten. Everyone on here is a 'volunteer' and not getting paid. Thanks everyone.

Sir Radfordin 21:43 27 Jun 03

OTE = On Target Earnings

Sir Radfordin 22:13 27 Jun 03

and look what Evesham pay temps: click here

Bapou 22:26 27 Jun 03

Technical Advice and sales pitch on products, must be an 0800 number for customers.Otherwise,who pays for the sales time on line?. Nevertheless qualification in two areas of expertise, for any salary even, is a tall order.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…