Technical Support

The Brigadier 15:23 30 Dec 06

So who provides the best Technical Support if you have a problem?

Jackcoms 15:25 30 Dec 06

Where?

Here?

In the High Street?

Over the 'phone?

Forum Editor 15:29 30 Dec 06

rather than Speakers Corner. I'll move it now.

The Brigadier 15:34 30 Dec 06

Sorry should have said PC's & Laptop makers.

FE, sorry did not know which to put this post in, thanks for moving it.

Jackcoms 15:50 30 Dec 06

As an example:

My elder daughter came home from Uni for the Christmas holidays on Wednesday, 20 December with her Dell laptop.

Whenever she brings the laptop home I always make a point of undertaking some thorough laptop spring cleaning. During the course of said spring cleaning I noticed a small chip right in the middle of the LCD screen.

When I originally bought the laptop, I took the precaution of buying Dell's 3 year accidental damage insurance; so I called Dell on Friday 22 December about the chip.

At 9am on Wednesday, 27 December I received a call from a Dell engineer - "I'll be with you between 2:30 and 4:30 this afternoon" he said.

At 2:50, said engineer arrived on my doorstep.

35 minutes later I was waving him goodbye, the proud owner of a brand new laptop LCD screen - at no extra cost.

Forum member will know that I'm a Dell 'fan' through and through - but even I was pretty impressed with this service!

wags 20:55 30 Dec 06

Not exactly PC/Laptop maker, but Linksys (routers etc) customer/technical service takes some beating - also proves that even overseas based call centres (in this case Philippines) can work very well indeed if manned by well trained and courteous staff.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac