TechGuys Complaint

deark3009 22:51 13 Jul 10

Hi guys,very new to this but would like some advice if possible.

i purchased a new laptop around 2 months ago and with it,purchased the TechGuys premier cover. After a month and a half my laptop started to play up with a number of keys not working. I arranged for it to be picked up and taken away to be fixed after being told that it would be fixed within and returned within 10 days as part of the t&cs of this Premier Service.

I phoned up after 6 days to get an update on its status and was told it had been fixed the day before and was just waiting for the courier to arrange delivery and pick up the loan laptop they had provided.

After 3 more days i phoned again to enquire how it was going again and was given a bunch of details in order for me to track it online.I tried over the next 24 hours to track it but without luck. So i phoned again....

This time i was told that it was not where it should be and that they,at this time,were not sure where it was though they were investigate it as a matter of urgency. They also said that as it was past the 10 day cutoff for this service that i was entitled to a replacement.I said no as my laptop contained allsorts of convidential and personal items,one of which was a video of my son being born.

Sadly i now realise that i was naive to not back up my items before sending it off, (I had only put the video on 2 days before to free up space on the camera).

I am of course upset that there is a possibility i might not be able to see the video again and would like to know if anyone can give me advice of what i can expect next and what i am entitled to.

Many thanks in advance

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:14 14 Jul 10

Not wishing to be harsh but the price of memory sticks is incredibly cheap and in my book anyone who does not spend 15 minutes a week backing up 'confidential' or personal info has not really got any. You need to ask TechGuys the question but I suspect that the disk has been wiped or lost.

G

spuds 12:29 14 Jul 10

I have responded to your previous post re the 2 year old thread on Tech Guys.

As stated in that response, which was about memory stick, I also suggested getting in touch with Consumer Direct click here because of the issues raised re consumer law and Tech Guy law.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac