Teac DV-W58GA & Plextor PX-712A dvd writers

RobG126 11:08 24 Jul 04

I am looking to buy a dvd writer in the next few days/weeks. I was wondering if anyone who has bought one recently could tell me there experiences with which models are easy to use, quick, good software, etc. Also where can i buy the no.1 PCAdvisor Teac model?

RobG126 11:09 24 Jul 04

Also, Where can i get cheap blank dvds?

billy 12:16 24 Jul 04

type into Google and you'lll get lots of suppliers.

palinka 15:01 27 Jul 04

Well RobG126, I can tell you where not to by the Teac model as featured in Pc Advisor in Aug: don't buy it from Insight (the suppliers listed in the articel in PCAdvisor).
I've had a frustrating 2 or 3 weeks with them
1. It was not on their web site so I phoned them; very helpful person had difficulty identifying it; said it would be 4-5 days from the following Monday.
2. It took nearly 3 weeks from ordering to arriving.
3. Arrived without any of the software mentioned (and the facia was black not cream, but I could live with that). When I phoned to enquire was told the product as described in the pcadvisor feature at £66 (ot thereabouts) was for the writer WITHOUT any software. With software it would be £90+
4. With advice from people, in the pcadvisor helproom forum i've tracked down the Nero software, but frankly I'm sick of the whole business now. I've got a returns number from Insight and will return it to them and start again.
5. Has anyone experience of contacting [email protected] ? I've tried to send them an email to report all this but it bounces back saying "unknown"

palinka 15:12 27 Jul 04

RobG126 I can tell you where NOT to buy it and that's from Insight (listed in the PCadvisor article).
I've just spent a fruitless 3 weeks or so trying to buy this product from that source.
1. It was not listed on their web site.
2. Phoned and placed an order (salesperson initially had difficulty locating correct product - I should have read the warning signs then).
3 Was told delivery would be 4-5 days from the next Monday; it took 3 weeks.
4. It arrived (facia black not cream, but I could live with that)but there was no software at all.
5. Phoned to enquire; was told that the product listed by PCADvisor at £66 (or thereabouts) was WITHOUT software. I read out the lsit of software included according to PCA. Salesman read me an internal email warning staff that PCA had advertised it at this price. According to Insight the version WITH software costs £90+

Since then with help from PCA Helproom I've tracked down software, but frankly I'm now sick of the whole business and will return it to Insight and start again.
Have tried to report this to PCA via [email protected] but my email bounced back as "unknown"

palinka 15:14 27 Jul 04

Sorry about the repetition; first posting seemed to vanish so I wrote again.

Stuartli 16:51 27 Jul 04

NEC 2510 OEM Ivory dual layer DVD-Writer (Dual Layer +R 2.4x, DVD+- x8, RW+-x4) is £51.41 including VAT at Scan of Bolton on its TodayOnly page, the ND2500A DVD rewriter at just over £45 and the 8x version at £53.99.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…