TalkTalk Broadband

Mytob 13:01 18 Oct 06

Just thought id let pll know about talktalk broadband. Had it for about 2 month now and recently getting real bad connections on it. Esentaly you can request a site like google.com and it wont pop up with anything but after hitting the refesh button several times it suddnly find the server and connects to it. Happening presistnly with all websites and on all of the pc on my network. The motto seems to be free or cheap and nesisarly good :)

Harpur 13:53 18 Oct 06

i have a friend who hasn't been able to connect for 3 weeks to talktalk. has a live connection but won't connect to the remote server.

Stuartli 13:55 18 Oct 06

I have TalkTalk and the service is first class - consistent 1.8-1.9MB connection on a 2MB service which is about as good as it can get.

ened 17:24 18 Oct 06

Did you have any teething troubles?

Only from what I have seen you are the one of the few who seems to find it okay.

You probably recall I was having problems with Tiscali and it has not improved.

Stuartli 17:32 18 Oct 06

The only teething troubles I had was due to TalkTalk not sending the CD-ROM despite several requests - eventually I was sent one newly burned to a Sony CD-R but, by then, it was too late. About four other CD-ROMs followed in the following week or so.

I did a manual installation using Windows DUN (most ISPs have a similar setup for a USB modem and it worked OK.

However, just before TalkTalk finally sent a Speedtouch 330 modem (I'd been on its broadband service for several weeks by then), I bought an ADSL modem router.

As you may recall, the Sagem [email protected] 800 supplied by Tiscali vented its anger at the newcomer by giving up the ghost the day before it arrived, having lasted only 14 months...:-)

Incidentally, because of the cockups, TalkTalk eventually agreed to refund the £30 connection charge along with a £20 goodwill payment; this has been achieved by cancelling monthly direct debit payments as necessary.

Mytob 19:10 18 Oct 06

Lol i havent even got the modem or CD from them! Not that i need it as i have a firewall/router/modem combo which works much better for my needs. It isnt very helpful when you are trying to host a site on the connection :).

mybarnowl 17:12 19 Oct 06

i have been using talktalk broadband since it became free. with no problems. always on line at 2.2 mbps.other members of my family are also using it again without problems.

Stuartli 17:27 19 Oct 06

If you have a standard 2MB connection your 2.2MB figure (mine used to be 2.3MB) indicates the fastest speed of which your phone line is capable.

Run a few speed tests at click here to find out what speeds you are getting.

Widows Son 00:16 20 Oct 06

No major hassle - a few dropped connections - but a reboot of the router (their adsl modem is still in the box - I've never used it) and it connects up again. Connection speed is always around 1900

cleet the don 18:33 20 Oct 06

What ever you do DON'T GO NEAR THEM.
I've had 6 months of hell with this company and not at any time did I have anything go right.I even got Sainsburys involved as I connected to Carphone Warehouse through them, and I was told even they are dropping them because of the complaints.
I've been finished with them for 2 months after paying my final bill, and I'm still getting bills?
My Sister's next door neighbours are pensioners are being taken to court by them over an unpaid bill they paid for, and proved to them they had paid. No one knows what the other is doing.
If you value your sanity, stay away from them. Personally, I wouldn't even touch their mobiles now!

Stuartli 19:00 20 Oct 06

My TalkTalk broadband and free UK and abroad phone calls service is running perfectly smoothly...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac