Talking on the PC

sooety 15:23 11 Aug 03

How do I set up a mike to talk to someone on the PC and what is the Cost
Thanks

sil_ver 16:04 11 Aug 03

Assuming you have a mic then you, and the party you want to talk with, will need to subscribe (free) to MS Messenger or similar program and follow the prompts.

tenaka 16:52 11 Aug 03

....on how you do it.

Some gamers like programs like Roger Wilco or Teamspeak to chat to each other whilst in games.

Others like to use a chat client just to have a conversation over the internet.

The former just requires you to obtain the client and follow the prompts.

The latter requires you get something like MSN Messenger as suggested by sil_ver. You would need to add the person you want to talk to to your friends list, then simply start chatting using the keyboard to bring up the chat window. Options on the right hand side let you set up and do the actual chat.

Obviously there is a little more instruction required but the help supplied with either option should help you get started.

anchor 17:05 11 Aug 03

If you use MS Messenger, or Yahoo Messenger, (which I find much better for voice communication), then its free. I have regular chats with a friend in Canada.

Both you, and the other party, would need to have the same "messenger" installed, and both would need a hotmail address, (or Yahoo ID), depending on which "messenger" you choose to use.

Obviously, both you, and the other party, would need a mic: connected to the computer, and speakers to hear each other.

For Yahoo:

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…