is talk talk a good deal?

champane 22:18 23 May 06

Just wondered if any one has the internet and phone package from talk talk is it any good any hidden extras they dont tell you about.Any help would be appreciated

thanks in advance

Forum Editor 23:40 23 May 06

and I'll move it across now.

anchor 12:47 24 May 06

Have a look here;

click here

I have a feeling that I read the contract period is for 18 months, plus £30 connection fee.

Stuartli 13:00 24 May 06

It's not a feeling - they are facts.

However, even just for the phone plus line rental it would be a bargain for free AnyTime UK and international calls to 28 countries (including all of Europe, the US, Canada and Australia); with up to 8MB broadband on top it's exceptional.

I was with One.Tel (taken over by TalkTalk last year) and the Talk3 International phone package is already in place; the BB follows on June 5th.

Up to now I've been paying £14.99 monthly (reduced to £12.99 for the past six weeks) to Tiscali for 1MB unlimited BB, plus the monthly line rental cost to British Telecom.

Soon I will have all three and be saving a considerable sum every month on top.

To its credit BT has already paid me back the one month line rental to which I was entitled (it was paid three months in advance).

champane 14:11 24 May 06

Forum Editor sorry for putting this on the wrong thread but im new here :-) Thank you for your replys im still not sure what to do the thing is i have signed up but got no dates etc when it will be installed i have e-mailed customer services to ask what i have to do about cancelling but as yet no reply :-( is this the start of bad things to come?

Stuartli 14:27 24 May 06

Have you looked up your order on the TalkTalk website's Order Tracker (you should have been given an order number)?

If you have only just signed up then you may have to wait a little longer than expected due to sheer demand.

There are a number of other TalkTalk threads in the forums which are worth reading; also see Charles Blunstone's blogs on the TalkTalk website.

Stuartli 14:28 24 May 06

E-mails are eventually answered but, again due to sheer demand, it may take a little longer than usual to get a reply.

You are not the only one who has taken up the TalkTalk offer...:-)

champane 14:42 24 May 06

Stuartli
many thanks for answering me so quickly ive been every where on tt site to see if i can cancel esp direct debit but cant see nothing to help me only a phone number but ive tried that and ive been waiting for so long ive had to hang up also it seems we get charged for installation £29.99 well i never got told that i was told they covered the cost of transferring from bt to them

Stuartli 15:41 24 May 06

You can cancel within 14 days - stated in the Terms and Conditions. See:

click here

champane 16:38 24 May 06

Stuartli

You have been a star thank you very much for all your help :-) Do you work for talk talk by any chance if so you are a credit to them

Rtus 17:05 24 May 06

I took up talk3 option last year , as then we couldnt get BB due to the BT exchange not being ready.however since april Ive added BB option and its reduced my bills by miles ,before I was paying BT /TT3/and an ISP for dial-up.early days but ive had nothing to complain about yet.Its only drawback I can see is £29.99 conx fee +theres no linux support for installation (adsl modem) windows being the only option ,so far ....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…