Taken by surprise

mikeyb59 16:21 27 Jan 04

Following all the recent posts regarding restore cd's and the lack of XP discs-

I recently bought a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo L laptop (which I am very pleased with). The pc came with XP Home pre-installed along with various cd's.

I was pleasantly surprised to find when exploring the "Fujitsu-Siemens XP recovery disc" that it was in fact a FULL XP Home cd!

This means, NO hidden partitions, NO recovery floppy (just as well as pc has no floppy drive) and ALL the benefits of an original cd.

In this day of manufacturers not supplying OS software on cd I would like to wish them a hearty WELL DONE!

Teaboy 16:42 27 Jan 04

Mesh have promised me the same sort of disk on a computer I have ordered. Heres hoping!

plsndrs3 16:17 28 Jan 04

I have a Medion and this came with a partition and 2 CDs -Application & Support and Product Recovery. Only used product recovery before to restore to factory settings from the locked partition. Have just installed a larger hard drive and then discovered that the Product Recovery CD is actually a full Win Home XP - result! I thought I would have to pay out for a new copy.

Paul

MisterPaul 08:39 29 Jan 04

I have just bought a Fujitsu-Siemens PC. Can't wait to find out whether I have the same disc.

mikeyb59 16:20 29 Jan 04

As I said earlier I am more than pleased with my new laptop and only £699 at Comet.

Particularly stunning was the 15" screen, the additional software and full XP disc was a bonus!

arricarry 20:10 29 Jan 04

Been talking to Mesh salesperson about purchase, I think you are right about Xp disc. As I see it the disc formats the drive and installs Xp and nothing else. Legal cos it only works on your computer I suppose.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…