Take a bow PC World.

LastChip 21:10 25 Jul 04

Let's face it, PC World does take a bit of flack here, but just for once, I think they have a bargain on their hands.

My faithful HP scanner gave up the ghost recently, and I needed one in a hurry, so as PCW is just down the road, I went to take a look.

My local store is offering at the moment a Xerox 2400 ( I think it's a Visioneer, re-badged) for £34.99p (yes, where would we be without the 99p) complete with PaperPort software + Textbridge OCR and Ulead Photo Express bundled. They even supply a USB connector lead. With most "cheapies", it's extra!

The software alone has to be worth that. Sometimes sensible prices are right on your doorstep!

Oh, and it worked first time straight out of the box!

spuds 22:08 25 Jul 04

LastChip..Is the software, the 'lite' version. If so, you may have a few problems later on.

LastChip 22:17 25 Jul 04

Haven't had time to really experiment with it yet, but lets face it, for £35, who cares?

PaperPort is 8.0 SE

Textbridge is 9.0 pro (version 9.03)

Ulead Photo Express 3.0 SE

if that means anything!

Forum Editor 00:55 26 Jul 04

enjoy the bargain (which it is). As you say, for £35 who cares? Plenty of us can remember the days when a decent flatbed scanner would have cost £350, with no bundled software at all.

Stuartli 10:17 26 Jul 04

My Agfa 1212u SnapScan cost £33.32 including VAT and delivery from jungle.com nearly four years ago....:-)

It was on offer at other outlets for between £75 and £104 and even on jungle.com's own Agfa page for £76.

Why jungle offered it at that price I've never found out, but I didn't hesitate even though I already had a perfectly reasonable scanner (my son got that one).

It is possible to buy flatbed scanners now from around £29 upwards and even cheaper from places like Makro even you have a card.

PC World and its sister outlets often turn up some excellent bargains such as your Xerox scanner, digital cameras in particular - it's just a case of whether you need what's on offer at any particular time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5