Tablet - what to buy

Lizzie90 12:35 PM 04 Jan 13

Hi all,

I want to buy a tablet but don't know what one. I want one to write documents, create a diary on an hourly basis (I am training to be a personal trainer), would like a video function/camera, be able to play movies, and generally use it to surf the net save documents etc. the document editing is important for my business and I don't want a keyboard that's an attachment I need it all in one as it defeats the object of carrying something smaller than a laptop. I have heard iPads are not good for documents and really like the new surface. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Liz.

Woolwell 14:25 PM 04 Jan 13

iPads are fine for documents but you will need the Pages app which is not free and for spreadsheet then you will require Numbers. I have a tablet (iPad) and a small laptop. The problem with a tablet is the size of screen bearing in mind that the onscreen keyboard takes up a significant chunk. Suggest that you go into a store and have a play with an iPad, or Samsung tablet and if possible a Nexus 10. Also suggest that you should be looking at the larger size tablets. However you may well be better off getting a small laptop. This will not have as good a battery life but will give you access to the full office suite and a dvd/cd player. A lot depends on your budget.

SillBill 20:58 PM 04 Jan 13

One can definitely get a laptop for less than an iPad!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites