tablet PCs - pros & cons?

v1asco 23:03 17 Jul 04

Hi all

Thinking of getting a tablet.

Just wondering if any of you care to relate your experiences with them to help me decide.

Ta Bugle.

spuds 11:21 18 Jul 04

There was a bit of a discussion recently about graphic tablets, and it would appear as though there were mixed feelings on the subject. I tried one of the Serif Hyper 6000 on special offer at £14.95, and personally I just couldn't get it to work to my satisfaction, so it was un-installed.Others had used this tablet with good results, so what pleases one may not please others.

The Wacom brand seem to be the best buy, and is well recommended. If you put 'tablet' into the PCA search box, six postings are listed there, so it may pay to have a browse there. Here's one to start with click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:44 18 Jul 04

*cough*click here *cough* is a tablet PC. ;-)))) Methinks yyou are refering to a graphics tablet.

G

spuds 12:22 18 Jul 04

G..Methinks the same. *cough/cough* :o)

TomJerry 15:39 18 Jul 04

Personal experience: I need to add anotation when I give Powerpoint Presentation, e.g. some marking, some drawing and some simple writting. A tablet is perfect for this, I can even save all anotations with PP slides and email to audiences later. I tried with someone else's tablet, perfect, and it is on the top of my next shopping list.

Apart from this, I do not see any advantages of tablet over normal laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…