Systemax abandoning UK is worthy of a tear or two

Chas 19:29 24 Feb 05

I was saddened to read in the April issue that Systemax is to cease production in the UK. This message is being submitted via a Systemax PC that I bespoke-ordered 5 years ago and I have to say, in all the time since, it has given me not one jot of trouble. In fact it soldiers on against all odds and in the face of totally unreasonable demands from me, including reorganising its innards and expecting it to perform as good as machines of twice it's spec. However, it is inevitable that it has to be replaced and - to be frank - my experience so far of finding a replacement that will perform as reliably and predictably suggests that I won't. I hope to be proved wrong, but I suspect that the last really solid, quality, PC that I will ever get my hands on is the one I currently own. Well done and thanks Systemax, - and long may you prosper. You will be missed

HXP 23:04 24 Feb 05

Hi

I feel the same way about Carrera - 3 brilliant systems over 7 or 8 years - I also have a ' vintage ' machine from a company called Portable & Upgrades which is original apart from the motherboard, CPU , Graphics card , 2 nd HDD extra ram , monitor etc ... actually only the case remains and I had to replace the power button on that !

All typed in good humour please take it that way

There are other good manufacturers out there but I know what you mean ...

HXP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…