system tune up

polish 20:28 06 Jun 05

i have recently give up on norton sysytemworks really slows the computer down although still use antivirus and firewall 2004 but would still like a tune uo program for the computer iam using a thirty day trial of tune up utilities which seems good £25 pounds to buy.
can anyone recommend any other programs dont mind paying for the right program

Arthur Scrimshaw 20:34 06 Jun 05

see this page click here someone else should take gredit for finding it - but I can't remenber who !

Arthur Scrimshaw 20:35 06 Jun 05

or credit even

garrema 20:40 06 Jun 05

To start with I would suggest you settle on which AV and fire wall you would like to use. e.g. AVG and Zonalarm for example. Get these up and running and then install spyware blaster, and Adaware build 1.06. Uninstall any unwanted progs like Norton.
Then use Ccleaner which removes a lot of crap, look at the hard disk menu and do disc cleanup and then defrag the hard drive.
If you do this it may go some way to speed the PC up. I wouldn't buy anything though.

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:58 06 Jun 05

click here Ccleaner, one of the best for getting rid of crud.

click here MS Antispy to keep the trojans at bay.

click here regsseeker for cleaning and tidying the registry.

All free and better than Norton tune up IMHO. These are all that I use (AVG AV as well) and my computer never has problems.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…