Symantec support runs out before subscription

Arv 23:28 28 Sep 04

i have just tried to contact symantec about a 25 mb download for url update to find a message saying they no longer support my software (Norton Internet Security 2003) but my subscription runs until March 2005 Anyone got any ideas?

wee eddie 12:04 29 Sep 04

I am running NIS 2002 and have just updated the AV Subscription for another year. There are no problems with support that I know of.

It might be a good idea to see if you are both singing from the same hymn sheet.

Arv 22:42 01 Oct 04

thats the least of my problems now, i've just upgraded to xp and norton av refuses to run flashing up an error box another problem to sort :)

wee eddie 23:07 01 Oct 04

You already have the Norton one

Arv 20:12 04 Oct 04

Thanks tryed that, there is a known problem that can happen I found an article on the symantec web site, still no reply to my e mail though

ayrmail 20:58 04 Oct 04

click here
Have you tried the auto self help, there is also a section dealing with subscription issues when you have upgraded to XP.
Also in the forum search box try live update or nav 2003.
If I find the symantec page I will post.

comsuppwor 21:47 04 Oct 04

I,m on XP and running Norton pro 2003,just paid to renew (£20.57) No problems.
But if you upgrade,you get an all singing and dancing new program,the only catch???.
It,s £146 !!!!!!!Mega buck,s.
I stuck with the renewal.:~}

Arv 22:34 04 Oct 04

Thanks. I managed to get everything working ok.
After using the Symantec website and online help I altered my administrator rights as instructed, disabled windows firewall, used the uninstall on the NAV disk and after a reboot re-installed everything. All working fine now :)

Arv 22:41 04 Oct 04

I've not had any problems until faced with a 25mb live update download on a dial-up, then the upgrade to XP Pro that caused the error with Norton antivirus, having solved the antivirus problem I've signed up for broadband- that should cure the download problem as well.
Thanks all for the help:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…