Symantec Refund

gtiuk 14:58 28 Jan 05

Can anyone who has returned a cd to Symantec and they have claimed not to have received it email me please?
Thanks
David Yule

Forum Editor 17:51 28 Jan 05

what's the point of this please?

Forum Editor 19:21 28 Jan 05

that he's having trouble getting a refund from Symantec, and he wondered if other forum members had experienced the same problem.

I've asked him to post full details here.

Forum Editor 19:22 28 Jan 05

from Speakers Corner.

24bitkid 19:29 28 Jan 05

I bought System Works in November, tried Ghost 9.0 and it completely corrupted my machine. Went and bought True Image 8.0 - this product is excellent.

Sent my System Works back - heard nothing.

Wrote to them again - said refund was being processed via Ireland office and asked me to send the CD in. I already had and told them so, showing them my recorded delivery ticket. They accepted this - but still no refund.

Was contacted just before Christmas and asked for details of account refund had to be paid in to. Sent the relevant information - heard nothing.

Last week still heard nothing, wrote to them again and this morning I received an email saying refund is now being sent to me - but can take up to six weeks to arrive!

Symantec - slow customer support!

isca2 21:50 28 Jan 05

I put a note up a few days ago re similar problems. Returned the CD and original invoice to Symantec on 11th October. In spite of chasing them, I have just had a letter from the asking for the Cd and invoice, as without them, they will not refund. It has already taken 3 months to reach this stage ! It would seem that I will have a lot of hassle to get a refund !

GaT7 22:25 28 Jan 05

gtiuk, hope you get your refund.

I purchased Norton SystemWorks 2-3 years ago from Amazon. Kept getting errors every few days & had to be uninstalled/reinstalled. Symantec support couldn't help.

NSW came with a 60-day money-back guarantee (or similar) - returned it in about 40 days & received a full refund to my debit card just 10 days later. I was kept informed of what was happening by email at every stage. I was very pleased & impressed with the professional & courteous manner in which Amazon handled the return/refund from start to end : )

Maybe a better option to buy through a retailer than direct from Symantec! G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…