Symantec at it again 2009 version.

Condom 13:20 03 Oct 08

I see Symantec are issuing their newest update to its programs. A word of warning to those who renew their existing subscriptions automatically by Direct Debit. Silly me thought that when I renewed my annual subscription that I was getting their latest program when in fact all I was getting was the right to continue using my existing one. I only discovered this when I tried to download a free addition and could not do it because I didn't have the latest version. Symantec don't tell you that you are not getting their new program when you renew despite your renewal fee being the same as the cost of the new program. Waht a con so it was Bye Bye Symantec. So if you want their so called faster 2009 edition demand the disk.

sunny staines 14:55 03 Oct 08

if you email them you normally get a free update to latest version till you present one expires which in you case will be almost 12 months.

they email you back with a new key and a download link.

Robbiecollie 19:04 03 Oct 08

if you download the trial version of the latest version use your excisting product code and you will get the rest of your annual subscription ive done this yesterday one three m/cs.

jboyd 15:49 04 Oct 08

Not a great fan of Symantec products I use Backup Exec at work and we used to use their Anti Virus. Have switched to Sophos at work now and I have always used Kaspersky at home with no problems.

Condom 15:53 04 Oct 08

Sorry but I think you are missing the point of this posting. If you automatically update your annual subscriptions like Symantec wish you to do it is their responsibility to let you know that you can now download the latest versions of their software. I was still using 2004 versions of their programs despite paying each year for another year's licence. I assumed that paying for another year got me the latest software version but it didn't. It only got me further udates to the 2004 software. Surely Symantec should tell customers who renew subscriptions that they should now download the 2009 version which is supposed to be so much better. At present all the tell you is that you cannow use your existing software for another year. Not everyone is computer savy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…