Symantec Anti-spyware BETA Available for D'load...

GibsonSt19 11:57 20 Apr 05

click here to get it.

"This edition includes powerful new Norton™ Spyware Protection (available for Windows® 2000 and Windows XP only), which automatically detects and removes both spyware and adware. Norton Spyware Protection even helps you identify adware that’s needed to run programs you want."

Not tried it yet though, let me kow what you think.

I reckon MS Antispy should cover this.

Arthur Scrimshaw 13:23 20 Apr 05

Sounds like you want us to try it before you use it!!
Can't say I blame you though - I wouldn't have Norton software on my pc if you paid me.

rev.bem 16:34 20 Apr 05

It's a compete download of Norton internet security 2005 beta(anti virus anti spam etc)
At 34mb it's a large download and it will take even longer to get rid of it if you want to uninstall it.

GibsonSt19 16:56 20 Apr 05

There's gratitude for ya.

sunny staines 17:34 20 Apr 05

read the other threat
click here

Arthur Scrimshaw 17:49 20 Apr 05

thats if it LETS you uninstall it of course ;-)

Arthur Scrimshaw 17:57 20 Apr 05

Sorry - didn't mean to sound ungrateful - it's just some of us are not the greatest Norton fans.

Bleep 21:12 20 Apr 05

Norton Rocks and Roll on Symantec not being taken over by Microsoft.

5 years - no viruses, no problems and simply install over copy before unistalling and clean my registry before unistalling, great product all round.

maz2 22:20 22 Apr 05

A friend downloaded Symantec from the web and what a job we had to get rid of it never again

Primary 23:19 22 Apr 05

Once had Norton System Works installed on my PC as recently as 2 months ago. Once I uninstalled it it was the start of a nightmare! Have you ever tried to uninstall a Symantec product? I am convinced that it became self perpetuating and parasitical. Had to go into the registry and delete all keys/strings related to Norton which took me ages. Even then Symantec live update refused to go easily....But eventually...Poooof,, it went. Never will I install a Symantec product again.

Sarah

sdf 13:41 24 Apr 05

I have read lots of Norton Bashing in this and linked threads and to be honest a little confused. I use Norton internet security, AV, and system works. in the time I have been using them I have had not had a single problem with viruses, corruptions (at least those that Norton could do anything about)or anything. for a period I did move away from norton due purely to expense, in this time I tried a viriety of other programs all of which did not serve the purpose for which they were bought. So now im back using Norton and things are once again clean as a whistle. The problems with substitute programs were not caused my remnant norton bits and pieces as it was a fresh windows image they were installed upon. soo... why does everyone dislike norton? it does, in my experience, exactly what it says on the tin? what more does one want?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…