suspicious e-mail from paypal

Legolas 17:54 19 May 03

I received an e-mail from paypal which I had joined to pay for items I sometimes purchase on ebay. This is a copy of the email

Dear PayPal Customer

This e-mail is the notification of recent innovations taken by PayPal to detect inactive customers and non-functioning mailboxes.

The inactive customers are subject to restriction and removal in the next 3 months.

Please confirm your email address and Credit or Debit Card information using the form below:

The form referred to asked for the debit/credit card details I used for my paypal account. I did not enter any details or reply to this email, I contacted paypal from their website and informed them of the email, to date I have not received any reply from them except for the standard reply to let me know they had received my email. I find this email very suspicious and do not believe that paypal would ask for these details to be sent via email. Has anyone else received this email or does anyone know any more about it.

I am going to post this in the helproom also.

Forum Editor 18:46 19 May 03

and you were quite right to ignore it. Thousands of people have received these messages over the past year or so, and there's a clear warning about it on the PayPal site.

Ignore the message and carry on with your life.

Legolas 19:09 19 May 03

I have and I will thank you FE

hoverman 19:22 19 May 03

I had one of these e-mails recently. As FE says, ignore it.

researcher 20:00 19 May 03

I'd just like to say that I found this a usefull reminder of how easy it can be to be caught out.

Thanks Legolas.

Andsome 08:40 20 May 03

WELL SPOTTED, and we all owe you a thank you for reminding us of the mindless idiots out there, who have nothing better to do than to cause trouble for everyone else.

Legolas 09:48 20 May 03

Thanks for all the replies, will tick

Stuartli 08:56 21 May 03

There was a matching scam with a similar provider mentioned in these forums about four-six months ago.

-pops- 09:16 21 May 03

I received one of these this morning. To the best of my recollection, I've never used paypal and I didn't really know what it does until I looked it up on Google. Having read what Google says, I don't think I would have used it anyway.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…