Suspect Paypal e-mail

Fellsider 15:50 17 Mar 05

I rec'd the following e-mail last night:-

Dear valued PayPal customer,

Our automated security systems have indicated that access to your online account was temporarily blocked due to to repeated login failures. Our logs indicate that your account received 2935 authentication failures during this time. It is most probable that your account was subject to malicious attack through automated brute forcing techniques. While PayPal were able to successfully block this attack, we would recommend that you ensure that your password is sufficiently complex to prevent future attacks.

You must click the link below and enter your password on the following page to confirm the reactivation of your account.

Click here to reactivate your account

You can also confirm your account by logging into your PayPal account at click here. Click on the "Confirm email" link in the Activate Account box and then enter this confirmation number: 1431-3053-2380-7838-3990

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, update your preferences here.

PayPal Email ID PP468

Protect Your Account Info
Make sure you never provide your password to fraudulent websites.

To safely and securely access the PayPal website or your account, open a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape) and type in the PayPal URL (click here) to be sure you are on the real PayPal site.

PayPal will never ask you to enter your password in an email.

For more information on protecting yourself from fraud, please review our Security Tips at click here

Protect Your Password
You should never give your PayPal password to anyone, including PayPal employees.

The reason that I suspect it is because I don't have a paypal account!!!

g0slp 16:15 17 Mar 05

See this earlier thread from today

click here

pj123 16:22 17 Mar 05

Like you, I don't have a paypal account or an ebay account but I still get these emails. Just delete it and forget it.

Fellsider 16:40 17 Mar 05

Ebay have confirmed that it is a fake.

tangoindianna 08:50 01 May 05
  Mr Mistoffelees 10:14 01 May 05

You should not be putting your email address in any posting on this site. If someone needs to email you they can use the email link next to your username. The vast majority of users on this are, I am sure, honest and will not abuse it, but with over 165,000 registered users there may be some who are not.

Stuartli 19:16 01 May 05

The PayPal e-mail is as common as the ones from various banks and other financial institutions - delete..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…